The Ark of the Covenant

  • Thread starter Thread starter roveau
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roveau

Guest
One search of Google starts off:

“For 800 years the Ark of the Covenant was the most sacred and holy object in the world. Suddenly, in 586BC it disappeared. In 1982 it was found! …”. (Don’t bother checking that Google reference out you’ll be disappointed).

There are so many theories of what became of the Ark but in my view it must have been assumed into Heaven. Just take a look at Revelation 11:19 which says:

“Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightening, loud noises, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail”.
 
I’ve actually read that as meaning Mary. Revelations is in the New Testament, so it can be a logical step that the ark the text was referring to is the ark of the New Covenant, which is Mary. I might be wrong, of course.
 
One search of Google starts off:

“For 800 years the Ark of the Covenant was the most sacred and holy object in the world. Suddenly, in 586BC it disappeared. In 1982 it was found! …”. (Don’t bother checking that Google reference out you’ll be disappointed).

There are so many theories of what became of the Ark but in my view it must have been assumed into Heaven. Just take a look at Revelation 11:19 which says:

“Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightening, loud noises, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail”.
Do you not think the Ethiopian Connection is plausible? I read Hancock’s Quest for the lost Ark of the Covenant many years ago and at first wondered why there was so much secracy surrounding the Ark’s presence there , then I realised it must be for security reasons. The only thing is that no one outside Ethiopia has ever been allowed anywhere close.
 
One finds in the records that Jeremiah the prophet ordered those who were being deported to take some of the fire, as has been told, and that the prophet after giving them the law instructed those who were being deported not to forget the commandments of the Lord, nor to be led astray in their thoughts upon seeing the gold and silver statues and their adornment. And with other similar words he exhorted them that the law should not depart from their hearts.It was also in the writing that the prophet, having received an oracle, ordered that the tent and the ark should follow with him, and that he went out to the mountain where Moses had gone up and had seen the inheritance of God. And Jeremiah came and found a cave, and he brought there the tent and the ark and the altar of incense, and he sealed up the entrance. Some of those who followed him came up to mark the way, but could not find it. When Jeremiah learned of it, he rebuked them and declared: "The place shall be unknown until God gathers his people together again and shows his mercy.
2 Maccabees 2:1-7
 
I’ve actually read that as meaning Mary. Revelations is in the New Testament, so it can be a logical step that the ark the text was referring to is the ark of the New Covenant, which is Mary. I might be wrong, of course.
You mean “Raiders of The Lost Ark” was wrong about it? (kidding) 😃
 
Do you not think the Ethiopian Connection is plausible? I read Hancock’s Quest for the lost Ark of the Covenant many years ago and at first wondered why there was so much secracy surrounding the Ark’s presence there , then I realised it must be for security reasons. The only thing is that no one outside Ethiopia has ever been allowed anywhere close.
It’s a nice idea and I have followed this line but no-body at all has claimed to ever have seen it - European or Ethiopian. But yes, the claim is made in a general way.

It is hard also to explain this particular verse to refer to the Virgin Mary, though the Ark is a ‘type’ because she carried God (Jesus) in her womb for 9 months.

Rev 11:19 “Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightening, loud noises, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail”.

This seems to refer to the actual Ark not a person.
 
Rev 11:19 “Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightening, loud noises, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail”.

This seems to refer to the actual Ark not a person.
Except that the very next sentence is the Woman clothed with the sun who gives birth to the Child . . . Don’t be confused by the chapter and verse numbers, which are 12 -15 centuries newer than the text.
 
Do you not think the Ethiopian Connection is plausible? I read Hancock’s Quest for the lost Ark of the Covenant many years ago and at first wondered why there was so much secracy surrounding the Ark’s presence there , then I realised it must be for security reasons. The only thing is that no one outside Ethiopia has ever been allowed anywhere close.
I was surprised to see “the Ethiopian Connection” mentioned. My maternal grandfather was from Southern Italy, and was raised Roman Catholic. He unfortunately died long before I was born. According to my mother, he used to say that “Jesus Christ was from Ethiopia” and wouldn’t hear any statements that he was Middle Eastern. I never understood what he meant – does anyone know where such a belief might derive? I wish I could ask him personally. My mom doesn’t know what origins he ascribed this belief to. Does this have any connection to your discussion of the Ark, here?
 
I was surprised to see “the Ethiopian Connection” mentioned. My maternal grandfather was from Southern Italy, and was raised Roman Catholic. He unfortunately died long before I was born. According to my mother, he used to say that “Jesus Christ was from Ethiopia” and wouldn’t hear any statements that he was Middle Eastern. I never understood what he meant – does anyone know where such a belief might derive? I wish I could ask him personally. My mom doesn’t know what origins he ascribed this belief to. Does this have any connection to your discussion of the Ark, here?
As far as I know the “Ethiopian Connection” in this case is strictly concerning the whereabouts of the Ark.
It is claimed in Ethiopia that King Solomon and Queen Sheba had a son named Menelik. “ Sheba is claimed here to be ancient Ethiopia, rather than Yemen”
The story then goes that this Menelik transported the Ark to Ethiopia for safe keeping and that it is now kept in a small sanctuary inside the Chapel of Saint Mary of Zion in Axum, a small town in Ethiopia.
 
Rovea said in part …"
“For 800 years the Ark of the Covenant was the most sacred and holy object in the world. Suddenly, in 586BC it disappeared.”

My humble opinion is that Our Blessed Virgin Mary will be shown to be the “ARK” - given the new covenant Jesus Christ made with “all his” children.
We should never forget that “Our Lord” is and has been present at all times in his tabernacles on earth for two thousand years.
Kind regards
J:)
God Bless and pray for Pope Benedict XVI.
 
One search of Google starts off:

“For 800 years the Ark of the Covenant was the most sacred and holy object in the world. Suddenly, in 586BC it disappeared. In 1982 it was found! …”. (Don’t bother checking that Google reference out you’ll be disappointed).

There are so many theories of what became of the Ark but in my view it must have been assumed into Heaven. Just take a look at Revelation 11:19 which says:

“Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightening, loud noises, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail”.
I agree and I also believe that the vision of The Arc and the vision of The Woman are actual sightings by St. John as opposed to visions of representative or purely symbolic images; in other words I believe they are real in the vision.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top