T
TimothyH
Guest
The Bible is clear. Jesus is God.
God calls himself “The first and the last”
*Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel
and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
"I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.
(Isaiah 44:6)
"Hearken to me, O Jacob,
and Israel, whom I called!
I am He, I am the first,
and I am the last.
(Isaiah 48:12)
*
Jesus clearly refers to himself as the Son of Man. (Matthew 17:9, Luke 24:7 and many other places). The “one like a son of man” in Revelation 1 can only be Jesus and he makes that same claim, that he is first and the last.
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one; I died, and behold I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. (Revelation 1:17-18)
The Author of the Book of Revelation its making a point. He puts the words “I am the first and the last” in the mouth of Jesus. That is his way of saying that Jesus is God.
Don’t ever let anyone tell you that the Bible doesn’t say that Jesus is God. It is crystal clear.
-Tim-
God calls himself “The first and the last”
*Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel
and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
"I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.
(Isaiah 44:6)
"Hearken to me, O Jacob,
and Israel, whom I called!
I am He, I am the first,
and I am the last.
(Isaiah 48:12)
*
Jesus clearly refers to himself as the Son of Man. (Matthew 17:9, Luke 24:7 and many other places). The “one like a son of man” in Revelation 1 can only be Jesus and he makes that same claim, that he is first and the last.
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one; I died, and behold I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. (Revelation 1:17-18)
The Author of the Book of Revelation its making a point. He puts the words “I am the first and the last” in the mouth of Jesus. That is his way of saying that Jesus is God.
Don’t ever let anyone tell you that the Bible doesn’t say that Jesus is God. It is crystal clear.
-Tim-