The Biblical Roots of Confession

  • Thread starter Thread starter yosephdaviyd
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks (me too). Yup, I had this “Catholic moment” when I was reading Leviticus a couple years ago, and, sure, it looks a lot like OT confession, to me, too.

I’m not a theologian nor have I studied theology, but this subject must be very deep.

Even in Leviticus, if I’m not mistaken, there were intentional sins for which there was no remedy. The sacrifices were for un-intentional sins. There were sins or conditions of unholiness where a person was just ejected from the Israelite camp, plain and simple, or, on the other hand, just supposedly put to death.

What an enormous gift to humanity, that Jesus fulfilled the Law and its requirements for us.
 
Thanks (me too). Yup, I had this “Catholic moment” when I was reading Leviticus a couple years ago, and, sure, it looks a lot like OT confession, to me, too.

I’m not a theologian nor have I studied theology, but this subject must be very deep.

Even in Leviticus, if I’m not mistaken, there were intentional sins for which there was no remedy. The sacrifices were for un-intentional sins. There were sins or conditions of unholiness where a person was just ejected from the Israelite camp, plain and simple, or, on the other hand, just supposedly put to death.

What an enormous gift to humanity, that Jesus fulfilled the Law and its requirements for us.
It is deep Crumpy. I fully agree with you. And when you consider how merciful God is in allowing us this means to be reconciled to Him - you just have to sit back in awe at His magnanimous and loving grace. He didn’t have to do this, but this love compelled Him - that’s what this Sacrament is all about - love.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top