F
freesoulhope
Guest
I believe that both evolution and Christianity (mostly as a religion) are complementary of each other and are not contradictory in respect of there being a divine creator ( Philosophically speaking, I find it pretty obvious that there is a God). But scripturaly there are some blatant untouched problems. I have no problem looking at life from a Scientific veiw, with Adam and Eve, descendents of a lower organism, being blessed with self awareness and the ability to appreciate existents; and its all cool that it happened 30,000 years or so back. But if we except the scientific interp’s, we run directly into scriptural problems with the blood line.( Im not speaking of genesis, I’ve climbed that mountain).
At risk of being an advocate of the devil and, very reluctantly I might add, giving the enemy weapons to blind and agitate the weak, I ask this question…
How is one meant to understand the lineage?
There is a blood line that seems to stem all the way from Adam and Eve to are Lord Jesus Christ (am i wrong?). If the scientific time frame introduced by science and evolution is correct, then I cannot honestly hold that everything in the family tree, in respect of time and historical data, including evolution, is historically correct.
Now, I could never become a young earth creationist because philosophically, all the so called data collected in favour of it, doesn’t sound intellectually honest; neither could I leave Catholicism and become and atheist or take on any other religious ideal or philosophy, for similar reasons. It would be embarrassing for me.
Rejecting Stand-alone naturalistic explanations for reality and seeing that Christianity has many Good, powerful truths and arguments on its side, I have come to the belief that there is an honest answer to my question that does not compromise Christianity( More specifically " Catholicism). No matter how far away it takes us away from traditional interpretations of the bible; even if it leaves young earth creationist models sadly in the dust, Im prepared to tread into unknown lands for the truth.
Can we please have an unflinching, honest, philosophical discussion? I would Very much appreciate it if we spoke about things such as this on this forum.
Any theorys or ideas are welcome.
All in good faith. Free soul.
At risk of being an advocate of the devil and, very reluctantly I might add, giving the enemy weapons to blind and agitate the weak, I ask this question…
How is one meant to understand the lineage?
There is a blood line that seems to stem all the way from Adam and Eve to are Lord Jesus Christ (am i wrong?). If the scientific time frame introduced by science and evolution is correct, then I cannot honestly hold that everything in the family tree, in respect of time and historical data, including evolution, is historically correct.
Now, I could never become a young earth creationist because philosophically, all the so called data collected in favour of it, doesn’t sound intellectually honest; neither could I leave Catholicism and become and atheist or take on any other religious ideal or philosophy, for similar reasons. It would be embarrassing for me.
Rejecting Stand-alone naturalistic explanations for reality and seeing that Christianity has many Good, powerful truths and arguments on its side, I have come to the belief that there is an honest answer to my question that does not compromise Christianity( More specifically " Catholicism). No matter how far away it takes us away from traditional interpretations of the bible; even if it leaves young earth creationist models sadly in the dust, Im prepared to tread into unknown lands for the truth.
Can we please have an unflinching, honest, philosophical discussion? I would Very much appreciate it if we spoke about things such as this on this forum.
Any theorys or ideas are welcome.
All in good faith. Free soul.