The Book of Jude

  • Thread starter Thread starter hoosierdaddy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hoosierdaddy

Guest
Is this really describing Protestants?:eek:

I used to think it was just the sinful people of the world but it is about apostates. So are Protestants the apostates? I would hate to find out I am one, seeing as I love the Lord, His Word, and His (entire) Christian Church.
 
Hoosier –

Do not panic! You are not an apostate unless a) you were a Christian and b) then you formally deny that Christ is God.

There is a difference between trying one’s best to learn what is really true (or rather, Who is really Truth), and trying one’s best to find a belief that’s comfy, stylish, and convenient. People who honestly believe something that happens to be incorrect, or who were raised to believe such things and don’t know any better, are not false teachers. People who know better, but prefer spreading their own lies to the truth of Christ and the Church, are false teachers.

But it does sound like you’re having a lot of interesting realizations. You sound like Newman when he saw himself in the heretic Eutyches. (Sp?)
 
Is this really describing Protestants?:eek:

I used to think it was just the sinful people of the world but it is about apostates. So are Protestants the apostates? I would hate to find out I am one, seeing as I love the Lord, His Word, and His (entire) Christian Church.
The original Protestants (those who left the Catholic Church in the full knowledge that Christ founded it, for the purpose of founding their own man-made churches) were apostates, yes.

Most modern-day Protestants know so little about history that they have no idea where their religion even comes from, and they are doing their very best to be good followers of Jesus.

They are not apostate, because they are not even aware that they aren’t in the Church that Christ founded, and they certainly didn’t leave it on purpose.
 
The original Protestants (those who left the Catholic Church in the full knowledge that Christ founded it, for the purpose of founding their own man-made churches) were apostates, yes.

.
That is a contradiction in terms my dear.
 
You were actually describing formal heretics, not apostates (who have completely denied Christ not merely separated themselves from the Church to form their own churches). 😉
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top