"The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maxirad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the book (Heaven is for Real) long before the movie. I did not like the movie at all. If you’re interested in his story I would highly recommend the book over the movie.
 
This thread is confusing two different books. The Boy who Came back from Heaven is about Alex Malarky, who was six when he was injured in a car accident.
Heaven is for Real is about Colton Burpo. who died during an emergency appendectomy. His father is a minister, and there is both a book and a movie about him.

I skimmed Heaven is for Real, and found it touching. He got to meet his sister, who he never knew had been miscarried before he was born. I can’t vouch as to its truthfulness, but as C.S.Lewis says, “if this isn’t true, something better will be.”
 
This thread is confusing two different books. The Boy who Came back from Heaven is about Alex Malarky, who was six when he was injured in a car accident.
Heaven is for Real is about Colton Burpo. who died during an emergency appendectomy. His father is a minister, and there is both a book and a movie about him.

I skimmed Heaven is for Real, and found it touching. He got to meet his sister, who he never knew had been miscarried before he was born. I can’t vouch as to its truthfulness, but as C.S.Lewis says, “if this isn’t true, something better will be.”
???
In Heaven is for Real, the little boy has a near death experience and then tells everyone he went to heaven after he recovers. I agree with the previous poster, the movie was no good. (I am not familiar with the book).

I should clarify, there are two different stories. The boy who Came back from Heaven is a different child than in Heaven is for real. There is some controversy over the former, in that the boy is now a quadriplegic and his parents are divorced. The father wrote the story and there is some controversy/dispute over the money.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top