Y
Yelmajj
Guest
Thank you for your welcoming words!!***Hi, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM
Your position can only be understood in this precise manner if taken out of the context of the complete discourse. … Not exceeding prudent if actually seeking the true meaning. One does not read the title of a CHAPTER and from it alone surmise the entire message of the authors labors.
Truth is most often discovered by seeking it truthfully, fully, completely and with an open mind and heart.[Prayer helpos too]
Logically it seems impossible that one can read Jn. 6: verses 40 to 55 and conclude any metaphorical intent on behalf of Jesus our Lord and Perfect God.
When seeking the truth; IMO, one ought not set the groundrules to suit themselves.
Going from memory here; but does not that verse get introduced or followed by the statement that “I AM the bread of Life that came from heaven.” That is a statement of fact; not a fable, not metaphorical.
God Bless you. I’d be delighted to discusss this verse by verse if you’d care too?
God Bless you, and again WELCOME!***
Pat
I would also be delighted to discuss the passage verse by verse, as many in this thread don’t seem to be looking for a discussion, just a place to state their views, which I have already researched thoroughly
I’ll let you get the ball rolling on that verse-by-verse idea since you have a better idea how to go about it than I do
One last thing,
You seem to be saying that the statement in itself suggests a literal interpretation. Not so, as just about every Protestant points out, Jesus also says “I am the vine” and “I am the door”, obvious metaphors.the statement that “I AM the bread of Life that came from heaven.” That is a statement of fact; not a fable, not metaphorical.