The breath of life

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marilena
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marilena

Guest
I don’t know where to post this, but i have a question i’d like answered if you please. When God blew the breath of life into Adam’s nostrils, what is meant by the breath of life?

Was it by the power of the Holy Ghost that Adam was given life?
 
I don’t know where to post this, but i have a question i’d like answered if you please. When God blew the breath of life into Adam’s nostrils, what is meant by the breath of life?
This is simply a personal interpretation, but I would take it to be a reference to the soul. Thus, by blowing the breath of life into Adam’s nostrils, God is imbuing Adam with a soul.
Was it by the power of the Holy Ghost that Adam was given life?
I cannot say. That is, I don’t know.

-Penitant
 
Breath of God in Scripture means the Holy Spirit, who is the Lord and giver of life. It is the Holy Spirit who brings the body and soul to life, who animates, who inspirates.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top