S
snow_white
Guest
Did any Californians feel it? I didn’t but my mom did. Once again they are discussing the possibility that this is just a preparation for a big one in LA! 
The big one??? That was big enough at (Whichever is the latest determination)7.0 or 7.4!!! Of course this one was 80 miles off the coastline, and I’m thinking that you mean the big one IN LA! Don’t want to be there, that’s for sure.Did any Californians feel it? I didn’t but my mom did. Once again they are discussing the possibility that this is just a preparation for a big one in LA!![]()
Are you talking about the earthquakes that occured in the early 1800’s along the New Madrid fault line that runs by Missouri and Kentucky?? There were three major quakes there all exceeding 8.0 in the richter scale and they occured within a span of three months. The quake was felt for quite a distance, and caused churchbells to ring in Boston. I never heard anything about shaking chandeliers in Spain, but I suppose anything is possible. Luckily, there were not many fatalities from these quakes because the area was not very populated at the time. I live in Wisconsin, and we don’t get quakes here, which is fortunate. I have never felt a quake ever. I must say, I give all of you who live in California and other earthquake-prone areas a lot of credit. I think it takes a lot of guts to live where you do, especially when you have no warning of when these quakes are going to happen.My understanding, though, is that the biggest quake in what is now the United States occurred in colonial days in Kentucky. I heard it shook chandeliers in Spain.
You wouldn’t have wanted to be here last week!!! The tornado siren went off three times in one week in my town!! There were a few close calls. I’m a storm chaser type, so tornados don’t scare me, but I know a few people around here who panic big time when the sky gets dark. Tornados can be pretty wicked.Actually, for most of us it’s not a big deal. I’ve been through lots of earthquakes before. It’s very unusual to experience a dangerous one. I give all you mid-westerners kudos for putting up with tornados! I’d take an earthquake over a tornado anyday…