The Catholic Controversy

  • Thread starter Thread starter PJD1987
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PJD1987

Guest
By St. Francis de Sales…heard it was a good read, just got it on Amazon. Apparently its a collection of his writings defending the faith which brought back 72,000 former Catholics to the Church. Based on that alone, I figured it must be pretty powerful.

Has anyone read it, thoughts, reactions?
 
By St. Francis de Sales…heard it was a good read, just got it on Amazon. Apparently its a collection of his writings defending the faith which brought back 72,000 former Catholics to the Church. Based on that alone, I figured it must be pretty powerful.

Has anyone read it, thoughts, reactions?
I’ve read a good chunk of it. And it’s awesome. It’s charitably written with some brilliant insights. Literally, there are a number of major arguments that he makes that I’ve never seen other Catholic apologists make. These works were slid under the doors of French and Swiss Calvinists, who were forbidden by the secular authorities to hear him peach. By the time he was done, tens of thousands had returned to the Faith.
 
Probably the best book I have read on the subject, highly recommended.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top