The Catholic Distance University

• Thread starter Thread starter SHEMP
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SHEMP

Has anyone taken any of the courses at the Catholic Distance University cdu.edu/index.asp ? If so what did you think?

Does anyone else have any recommendations concerning online degrees/continuing education?

I live in Australia and am currently studying ‘early and medieval church history’ (101-0502) at CDU, its great! I would recommend it unreservedly. contact me with a personal message if you want.

I didn’t know that there were online courses available through Catholic schools. This is great…if I can afford it. While I’ve enjoyed the education I am receiving now at a public college, the one thing that I do wish is that I could take classes about the Catholic Church. Thank goodness for a strong campus ministry, though, because that has provided me with lots of learning opportunities! 🙂

I was thinking about entering the master’s program at CDU for Religious Studies. Anymore info on CDU would be great regarding classes you have taken or other experiences. I have taken on-line classes with Dayton and Notre Dame, but they were more of the continuing education variety. I couldn’t find other ways to earn degrees with distance education other than through CDU.

Are any of these online degree programs degree-oriented and are they accredited through the most-used accrediting institutions?

I’m slowly working through CDU’s MA in Religious Studies. I’m onto my third paper and it seems like a good program so far, which I’d happily recommend.

40.png
SHEMP:
Has anyone taken any of the courses at the Catholic Distance University cdu.edu/index.asp ? If so what did you think?

Does anyone else have any recommendations concerning online degrees/continuing education?
I’ve taken a few Seminars @ CDU and they are awesome! Just finished “Catholic Perspective of the Da Vinci Code” and I must say it was very informative.

I personally know the dean of CDU, Fr. Buckner. He is brilliant. Whenever I ask him a tough question, he pulls course notes from his bookshelf, finds the answer, and shows it to me, complete with references. There could be no better recommendation for the CDU courses.

Ive just signed up for the next Semniar it’s going to be on the Papacy…here is some info on it:
It starts on June 14th - July 9th where CDU will present The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: The Papacy in History. Learn about the glories and difficulties of our past, good and Great popes, anti–popes, and how “bad popes” can be a great sign of hope for the Church. Discover how the papacy developed into what it is today.
This interactive online seminar is an excellent apologetics opportunity!

Our seminars are a great way to meet other Catholics from around the country (and even the world) and discuss the Faith. In short, it’s like no other experience you’ve ever had!🙂

Fred Costello:
I personally know the dean of CDU, Fr. Buckner. He is brilliant. Whenever I ask him a tough question, he pulls course notes from his bookshelf, finds the answer, and shows it to me, complete with references. There could be no better recommendation for the CDU courses.
Sounds great, I plan in taking my Masters in Religious Studies there, one I finish my Masters in Human Resource Management. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back