The Church did away with purgatory

  • Thread starter Thread starter latin_rite
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

latin_rite

Guest
Is it true the Church did away with purgatory? and if so what gives them the right to do so? this is very disshearting
 
Where did you hear this foolishness? Checked the CCC lately? It’s still there.

What you are probably thinking of is that there has been some discussion concerning Limbo.

That was never a dogma of the faith and that is pretty much what they clarified.
Pax tecum my friend!
 
Thanks. I heard this on radio a few weeks ago. But didn’t pay much attention to it, but someone brought it up again today. That is good news.
 
The Church couldn’t do away with Purgatory even if it wanted to. That’s like saying the Church could snuff out the sun. Purgatory is a state of existence. What is more, I’m thankful for it being there as I’m reasonably sure that when I finish my time here on Earth, I will still be a work in progress. I find great comfort in our merciful Lord who provides a means for me to be made right before I enter into Heaven.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top