"The Conjuring" and "Annabelle" :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter LokisMom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LokisMom

Guest
Any Conjuring fans super excited about the release of Annabelle in less than 2 weeks???

WEEEEEEEE!!! šŸ™‚
 
Any Conjuring fans super excited about the release of Annabelle in less than 2 weeks???

WEEEEEEEE!!! šŸ™‚
The Conjuring was pretty solid, but I’m just not as excited about Annabelle. Mainly because of the doll itself. The original doll was a Raggedy Ann, but of course Hasbro would never have let them use that likeness. So I understand they needed to make up a design. But I would have preferred it if they had at least gone with a similarly sweet-looking design. The dichotomy of sweet appearance and diabolical intelligence is much scarier IMHO than a ridiculous looking doll that no one would go near in the first place. 😦
 
I think both movies are gross. I did see part of the Conjuring and it was ridiculous. I have only seen the promo’s for Annabelle and won’t even go there. Some of this stuff goes too far.
 
What makes me wince is that these ideas not only surfaced in the horrors writer’s mind but that some of these horror films are actually made. The process of thinking, and acting upon a thought, so obviously oriented in one direction, to the point where a director is found, and agrees, and producers, then actors, and all other people involved are found to have a hand-in, and it actually gets made, and makes it out onto DVD or cinema. A whole process of reclapiv…no one along the way says, actually, this is dark nonsense and best served flushed well away from people’s impressionable minds!
 
I think both movies are gross. I did see part of the Conjuring and it was ridiculous. I have only seen the promo’s for Annabelle and won’t even go there. Some of this stuff goes too far.
How did The Conjuring go too far? I don’t recall anything gratuitous. The subject matter is admittedly about as dark as it gets, but many priests have said that films like The Exorcist have been responsible for bringing people lapsed Catholics back to the Church, and lukewarm Catholics back into the pews/Confessional.
 
I’ve been a horror fan for over 50 yrs.Hasn’t done anything to make me ā€œdarkā€.
In a sense some of these movies show define the line between good and evil. Something you really don’t experience in most movies where violence becomes the solution to almost every problem and disrespect is considered funny.
ā€œSawā€ type movies to me just feed the sadist- the see how we kill this person. Yuck…
The Conjuring is a fight of good over evil, God against demons. In the end it’s the possessed’s love of family that brings her back.Not a bad message.
 
What makes me wince is that these ideas not only surfaced in the horrors writer’s mind but that some of these horror films are actually made. The process of thinking, and acting upon a thought, so obviously oriented in one direction, to the point where a director is found, and agrees, and producers, then actors, and all other people involved are found to have a hand-in, and it actually gets made, and makes it out onto DVD or cinema. A whole process of reclapiv…no one along the way says, actually, this is dark nonsense and best served flushed well away from people’s impressionable minds!
I respect your position, but personally feel like sometimes people take movies too seriously. Its just entertainment, lighten up! šŸ™‚

It may not be in your taste, but its not some sort of bad thing, IMHO.
 
I’ve been a horror fan for over 50 yrs.Hasn’t done anything to make me ā€œdarkā€.
In a sense some of these movies show define the line between good and evil. Something you really don’t experience in most movies where violence becomes the solution to almost every problem and disrespect is considered funny.
ā€œSawā€ type movies to me just feed the sadist- the see how we kill this person. Yuck…
The Conjuring is a fight of good over evil, God against demons. In the end it’s the possessed’s love of family that brings her back.Not a bad message.
I agree with this post. Im a huge horror movie fan, and trust me, I am not a wacko lol.

I do agree about the Saw movies… too much for me, personally. But the Conjuring was great!
 
I respect your position, but personally feel like sometimes people take movies too seriously. Its just entertainment, lighten up! šŸ™‚

It may not be in your taste, but its not some sort of bad thing, IMHO.
I can see your opinion too but I am still sitting on the swaying fence clinging on tight and not prepared to fall backwards into a swamp full of garden zombies! šŸ˜›
 
😃

Youre missin out, friend!
I’ll take my chances! 😃 The ones I don’t like the most are Saw and Wolf Creek and ones that highlight life-like psychopaths abducting women - I can’t watch them. I used to scare myself with Freddy as a child and regretted watching them. Movies such as the Exorcist I’m not sure about either but it doesn’t hurt to laugh at evil ocassionally. But I have watched some films by Stephen King before and they really twist the mind for ages afterwards. I’m a big scaredy cat because at the moment on TV there is ā€˜An American Werewolf in London’. Now I could watch this but I used to have terrible nightmares as a kid about that film too, so…no chance! šŸ™‚ Personally, I think, that a bit like when people have a fear of the natural elements, I just have a healthy revulsion to horror movies, but I don’t think someone who watches them as a Christian is necessarily doing anything wrong by watching them though if you just want to have fun scaring yourself a bit. My only issue is that some crazy people might get ideas from them but I don’t know if that happens much in all fairness.
 
Another positive of some horror movies is you shouldn’t muck about with the supernatural or arcane rites just for ā€œfunā€
 
Someone rated my thread a 1 star, which means they think the thread is ā€œterribleā€.

Was that you, friardchips, you little twerp?

Tsc tsc, this makes me sad. 😦
 
Someone rated my thread a 1 star, which means they think the thread is ā€œterribleā€.

Was that you, friardchips, you little twerp?

(
Excuse me?! I accept that for sins, thank you.

No, I never rated your thread with 1 star, I was enjoying our conversation. However, I do rate something else one star now. God bless.
 
Excuse me?! I accept that for sins, thank you.

No, I never rated your thread with 1 star, I was enjoying our conversation. However, I do rate something else one star now. God bless.
I think she was just engaging in a little friendly teasing. It’s often difficult to communicate tone and intent through text.
 
I think she was just engaging in a little friendly teasing. It’s often difficult to communicate tone and intent through text.
It is difficult to communicate gentle teasing. šŸ™‚ I have also ended in arguments where people have misunderstood me, so I empathise. I don’t regret this thread as it is enjoyable. I took this actually - the way I think - as an indirect rebuke from God for even suggesting that the idea of watching horror movies could be harmless. Sometimes God speaks through others, as you know. He works in mysterious ways. The same thing happened to me on another thread where I started hinting at so-called ā€˜signs’ of evil and got completely mixed up and someone rightly pointed out my stupidity. Served me right. I knew I should not have gone down that road, did it, and paid the price. Maybe a bit scrupulous, but always better to look at one’s own actions first, to see if a rebuke might actually be a good thing to simply accept, even if not justified practically šŸ˜› But yes, it is easier when you know people and their character to understand the angle they are coming from. Especially with humour. But no harm done hopefully. So Gaad Bless (as Americans might pronounce it) or Gawd Bless (as many Brits do). 😃
 
To whoever gave me a terrible/1 star rating… you needs to step up and reveal yourself. I am not happy about this. Naughty naughty. :tsktsk:
 
I love horror movies and thought The Conjuring was enjoyable, although I felt like the only person in the entire world who didn’t think it was scary. Everyone was like telling me it would be the scariest movie I’ve ever seen and I watched it and didn’t think it was scary at all. In all fairness, it is extremely hard to scare me.
And yes, I am looking forward to Annebelle.
 
I love horror movies and thought The Conjuring was enjoyable, although I felt like the only person in the entire world who didn’t think it was scary. Everyone was like telling me it would be the scariest movie I’ve ever seen and I watched it and didn’t think it was scary at all. In all fairness, it is extremely hard to scare me.
And yes, I am looking forward to Annebelle.
Just curious, since I am another ā€œhard to scareā€ person, what films have you found scary?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top