The Cucumber Curriculum

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

Columnist Cal Thomas reporting:

"Now that Justice Anthony Kennedy has ruled that our moral, ethical, even legal framework in the matter of capital punishment for murderers under 18 is to be determined by “evolving standards,” let us move on to another application of that flawed philosophy: sex.

In the produce section of the grocery store, the lowly cucumber is about to achieve an elevated position in some Montgomery County, Md., public schools. Montgomery County has long been known as a “bedroom community” in the affluent Washington, D.C., suburbs — an appropriate moniker given what young students are about to be taught.

**The school system announced last week that a new sex curriculum will be introduced this spring for three middle schools and three high schools. Students will be taught how to put a condom on a cucumber. They will also be taught that homosexual couples are the newest American “family.”

But this isn’t just about condoms, cucumbers and a new definition of family. In American schools, as in the rest of the country, one must be attuned to and indulge the desire of every citizen, as well as non-citizens. **

That’s why there’s a “movement” in California to create gender-neutral toilets in public places so that transsexuals and even people with “androgynous identity who do not consider themselves completely male or female,” in the words of a New York Times story, might feel comfortable.

But I digress. The Montgomery County schools trying out this program will also teach students to “develop” a sexual identity. According to the official line, gender identity is “a person’s internal sense of knowing whether he or she is male or female.” Gee, I discovered that as a child in the bathtub without the help of my public school.

There does not seem to be a groundswell, or even a tremor, from parents to begin such a curriculum. Instead, this appears to be an idea hatched by the dirty minds of people like Russ Henke, the county’s health education coordinator.

Henke told The Washington Times, “We have some schools that stepped up to it and some schools that were recruited to do it,” adding, “A school may not be real pleased because of the controversy involved, but we need the representation from that area.” What “area” would that be? Planned Parenthood? The sex toy industry? The pilot program initially requires parental permission, but that won’t last. Once “legitimacy” is established, pressure will be applied to make anyone who doesn’t take the course feel like an outsider. Many will conform in order to avoid being “stigmatized…”

jewishworldreview.com/cols/thomas030805.asp

The garbage, perversion and filth is coming at us so quickly that it is hard to know what battle to fight…just incredible the world we live in.

I’m speechless. And I thought this would have something to do with Veggie Tales. :eek:

This nonsense happens a little bit over time and is easier to accept that way. I can’t fathom why more are not outraged at all this “gay” agenda nonsense and libertine pan sexuality that is accepted as dogma by the decaying culture.

40.png
fix:
This nonsense happens a little bit over time and is easier to accept that way. I can’t fathom why more are not outraged at all this “gay” agenda nonsense and libertine pan sexuality that is accepted as dogma by the decaying culture.
You said it in your last sentence, Fix. A corpse has difficulty hearing. And Hagia, thanks heaps for pointing out something which will undoubtedly stick with me as a mental image when I’m trying to eat cucumber salad.:crying: Why don’t we just hook the kids up with prostitutes and have done with it?

40.png
JKirkLVNV:
You said it in your last sentence, Fix. A corpse has difficulty hearing. And Hagia, thanks heaps for pointing out something which will undoubtedly stick with me as a mental image when I’m trying to eat cucumber salad.:crying: Why don’t we just hook the kids up with prostitutes and have done with it?
You know, I know you were joking, but that is not far off the mark. I can see that being presented as a reasonable option. Would anyone think 25 years ago that demonstrating contraceptive techiniques in school, on a cuke no less, would be reasonable?

fix,

I really believe that the pace of perversion is so lightening-fast that people just cannot keep up.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
fix,

I really believe that the pace of perversion is so lightening-fast that people just cannot keep up.
Very austute. We’ve become so gradually immune and desensitized to it as a society that we will eventually arrive at the place where we’ll regard it as just and proper that high school students be exposed to actual demonstrations of the sexual act by actors, then they can break off into discussion groups and practice themselves.

Boy the dirty ol’ men and perverts are going to be happy aren’t they?

Reminds me of the end of “Chinatown” where the grand-daughter was delivered by the cops into the arms of her grandfather–who was also her father. Come here, my little pretty, don’t be afraid… The character says at the end, deep down a man will do just about anything, if he can. That’s the Evil One talking, bubba.

I think the school system needs a complete overhaul and parents need to become more involved at the school board level. These agendas are unfathomable, and I pray that parents will rise up in protest over the nonsense. It is hard enough to teach in the course of a day the necessary Reading, …Riting, Rithmetic…you know. Without adding something that is morally unacceptable to those of us who have morals, but those of us who also pay taxes to support these schools. I pray…Protest!

Didn’t y’all read Brave New World? The school-children were taught to go off and “explore themselves” sexually, everybody was a clone grown in a factory, everybody went to the “feelies”, women were given “false pregnancies” to satisfy their maternal yearnings. Aldous Huxley wrote it in the 1930’s and now it’s coming true…:bigyikes:

NJ public schools with the support of the teacher’s union and the democrat party in the state already engage in this kind of “sex education” Students have told me that in one well-heeled suburban town that the sex-ed teacher uses her favorite sex toy (for which she shares her pet name) to demonstrate the condom pull. Apparently, the teacher’s union has come out against programs that stress abstinence.

40.png
stbruno:
I think the school system needs a complete overhaul and parents need to become more involved at the school board level. These agendas are unfathomable, and I pray that parents will rise up in protest over the nonsense. It is hard enough to teach in the course of a day the necessary Reading, …Riting, Rithmetic…you know. Without adding something that is morally unacceptable to those of us who have morals, but those of us who also pay taxes to support these schools. I pray…Protest!
You’ve hit on the main thing: it seems that to parents school is subsidized babysitting. The kids are out of the parent’s hair for eight hours. I’m not going to say that they don’t care at all about what goes on, but perhaps they don’t care enough, or they are laboring under some naive trust.

Scott

😛 File this under shameless thread promotion:

Under Moral Theology Forum…

“Religion and Education: Indispensible??”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back