J
jimkhong
Guest
‘Didache’ means 'teaching" in Greek, which is where we get the English word ‘didactic’, with its related meaning. The full title is “The Lord’s Teaching of the Twelve Apostles”now I am confused. is the word greek then. does it mean teaching or twelve?
For the benefit of the OP, Didache is was a long-lost book, normally included among the writings of the Apostolic Fathers (the second generation after the apostles). It was believed to be written by Jewish Christians around 50-150. There were many references to it by many of the other church fathers but it remained lost until it was rediscovered in 1873.
Like you, I too found it very interesting and wished it got into the New Testament - would have sorted out a lot of things with the Protestants. Why it was rejected from the NT, I don’t think anyone today knows for sure.