V
VIR2010
Guest
I am enjoying my research towards the truth and can not help but see so many errors in the common non catholic way to receive Salvation. First and foremost I am not a Biblical Dummy, I have read the Scriptures time and again, I am not an expert and will never become one, I only hope that my efforts will bring me closer. I wanted to address in this post the topic of Salvation. This is one of many reasons why I am converting to the Catholic Church.
You must understand at one time I was one of the biggest persecutors of the Catholic Church. If you read some of my posts you will see that. I would rant and rave and denounce the Pope as a spreader of Vile lies and a Vicar of Satan. I would condemn the Church as a building filled with superstitious bigots and lying priests. That all changes with studying the Scriptures and asking God to reveal to me the truths of his Precious word.
I did a study on Salvation. I used to believe the simple “Once Saved Always Saved” Philosophy. Simply ask Jesus to Be your Saviour and He will take you to heaven because Salvation is a free gift. Then I looked at the Scriptures.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. In that verse it states that we are all sinners in the need of saving Grace from God. We all are born of Sin and are as Filthy Rags (Isaiah 64:6) We all need a savior. God gave his Son, Jesus Christ because he loved us ( St. John 3:16). It IS a free gift, we can not earn it. Revelations 3:20 states “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me” In that verse it does not say “I will only come in if he prays 4 times a day and eats seafood for the rest of his life” It gives no condition, it plainly says He will come in to you. This is where myself as a former Baptist believed that you can not lose your salvation because it is a free gift and God will not take it back. True. God will never take a free gift back, but you can always throw a free gift away. Because in St. Matthew 24:13 it states “But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved” I as a former Baptist believed that all you had to do was say the prayer mean it and your fate in heaven was sealed. How silly and what a lie. It is all about enduring to the end. Following God, Serving others, loving one another, studying scriptures, and being unshakable in your faith. I posted a post earlier of a “Catholic Lady Who set an example for me”. She took her faith seriously, she made it a point in her life to “Endure to the End” and it is because of her example that I found the Truth of God’s Word. It is funny to me, the Baptist Church that I belonged to would keep numbers of there Converts, but would rarely if ever try to nurture there new converts in righteousness. It was a big numbers game to us. But that Is why I am so thankful for the Catholic Church. They, as a church ordained by our Lord, have a set list of guidelines from the scriptures on how to serve Christ to the best of your ability. It is not just random self made advice, it is advice straight from the Scriptures. Oh, how retched a sinner I am and how I long to be the best servant for Christ I can be, but it all starts with Baptism and the The Holy Spirit (St. John 3:1-5). It is my hope and prayer that this lie of “Feel Good Salvation” would crumble. The shroud of false lies against the Church is thick, but remember my Brothers and Sisters, Truth Crushed to Earth will Rise Again
You must understand at one time I was one of the biggest persecutors of the Catholic Church. If you read some of my posts you will see that. I would rant and rave and denounce the Pope as a spreader of Vile lies and a Vicar of Satan. I would condemn the Church as a building filled with superstitious bigots and lying priests. That all changes with studying the Scriptures and asking God to reveal to me the truths of his Precious word.
I did a study on Salvation. I used to believe the simple “Once Saved Always Saved” Philosophy. Simply ask Jesus to Be your Saviour and He will take you to heaven because Salvation is a free gift. Then I looked at the Scriptures.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. In that verse it states that we are all sinners in the need of saving Grace from God. We all are born of Sin and are as Filthy Rags (Isaiah 64:6) We all need a savior. God gave his Son, Jesus Christ because he loved us ( St. John 3:16). It IS a free gift, we can not earn it. Revelations 3:20 states “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me” In that verse it does not say “I will only come in if he prays 4 times a day and eats seafood for the rest of his life” It gives no condition, it plainly says He will come in to you. This is where myself as a former Baptist believed that you can not lose your salvation because it is a free gift and God will not take it back. True. God will never take a free gift back, but you can always throw a free gift away. Because in St. Matthew 24:13 it states “But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved” I as a former Baptist believed that all you had to do was say the prayer mean it and your fate in heaven was sealed. How silly and what a lie. It is all about enduring to the end. Following God, Serving others, loving one another, studying scriptures, and being unshakable in your faith. I posted a post earlier of a “Catholic Lady Who set an example for me”. She took her faith seriously, she made it a point in her life to “Endure to the End” and it is because of her example that I found the Truth of God’s Word. It is funny to me, the Baptist Church that I belonged to would keep numbers of there Converts, but would rarely if ever try to nurture there new converts in righteousness. It was a big numbers game to us. But that Is why I am so thankful for the Catholic Church. They, as a church ordained by our Lord, have a set list of guidelines from the scriptures on how to serve Christ to the best of your ability. It is not just random self made advice, it is advice straight from the Scriptures. Oh, how retched a sinner I am and how I long to be the best servant for Christ I can be, but it all starts with Baptism and the The Holy Spirit (St. John 3:1-5). It is my hope and prayer that this lie of “Feel Good Salvation” would crumble. The shroud of false lies against the Church is thick, but remember my Brothers and Sisters, Truth Crushed to Earth will Rise Again