L
LaSalle
Guest
I’m reading Karl Keating’s iconic book ‘Catholicism and Fundamentalism’, really good stuff by the way, and I come across this concept that God is not limited by time and that in heaven it’s always an ‘eternal now’. Jimmy Akin used ‘eternal now’ in, at least, one of his blog entries too.
While I cannot fully fathom how that might work in a practical sense, I realise that that may be what actually happens … but -
a) Where did this idea come from if everything in the bible seems to be in a space and time continuum? - From when Lucifer is created to when he falls (all taking place in heaven); and from when Jesus goes to the limbo of the fathers (or hell, as its commonly known) to when He ascends to heaven (taking place in both ‘worlds’).
b) If we go to heaven for an eternity … how’s that work if there is no time that goes on for eternity?
While I cannot fully fathom how that might work in a practical sense, I realise that that may be what actually happens … but -
a) Where did this idea come from if everything in the bible seems to be in a space and time continuum? - From when Lucifer is created to when he falls (all taking place in heaven); and from when Jesus goes to the limbo of the fathers (or hell, as its commonly known) to when He ascends to heaven (taking place in both ‘worlds’).
b) If we go to heaven for an eternity … how’s that work if there is no time that goes on for eternity?