The failed Swedish model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motherwit

I was just perusing some of the old thread in World News and came across this one from August 2020 lauding Swedens herd immunity strategy.
48.png
Lockdowns never again: Sweden was right, and we were wrong World News
Lockdowns never again: Sweden was right, and we were wrong Basically, Sweden did the exact opposite of what most Americans tragically still believe are the necessary requirements to reach the outcome that Sweden has achieved. Fri Aug 14, 2020 - 8:41 pm EST (Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.) ALEXANDRE SCHNEIDER / GETTY IMAGES By William Sullivan August 14, 2020 (American Thinker) — In life, we encounter things that may work in theory but not in practice. Communism…
I wonder if posters now concede the folly of this way in the light of what a disaster it was for human life?

This from business insider magazine August 2021 even shows there wasn’t any economic benefit anyway. Just tragedy all 'round.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...egy-failed-higher-death-rate-2021-8?r=US&IR=T

Last edited:
No, I would not “concede the folly of this way.” Mind you, I would not have advocated the Swedish approach, but I don’t fault them for trying it. It was a worthy experiment based on a plausible hypothesis. In the scientific method, an experiment is successful if it reveals truth, and in this case the truth is that the hypothesis was false.

Hindsight is 20/20…
... or this more humorous paraphrasing of that old saying...
👓
2020: We didn’t see it coming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back