C
chosen_people
Guest
Do You Believe That The Church Stance That Supported Not Returning The Brothers To Their Surviving Relatives Was Correct From A Religious And Moral Point Of View?
Link to sources please sir?Do You Believe That The Church Stance That Supported Not Returning The Brothers To Their Surviving Relatives Was Correct From A Religious And Moral Point Of View?
There are many sources about the affair which can be found on the internet through any search engine. I was wary of chosing any since some are highly critical, while others see things through a different perspective. I feared that my chosing a particular site would immediately be seen as taking a stance, although my feelings on the matter may be easily surmised. At your request I have chosen a site. It gives a first hand account from a family member.Link to sources please sir?
Also, you don’t have to capitalize every word.![]()
You are confusing actions of Church adherents to the Faith.Do You Believe That The Church Stance That Supported Not Returning The Brothers To Their Surviving Relatives Was Correct From A Religious And Moral Point Of View?
Thank you for replyingOh well, I guess that proves that some Catholics sin.
Nothing new, and as I said before so what?
This is like saying black people are evil because some sin, of course the events described by you are wrong. Doesn’t mean anything, plenty of Catholics have done things that are wrong.
Forced conversion is against Catholic teaching so it is a no brainer that these Church officials did things against Catholic belief.
So from a Catholic point of view which is the only valid moral institution, yes these Church officials went against Catholic morality. If you would like to know more about morality feel free to look here at the Catechism which will explain the Catholic Church’s stance. Which frequently Catholics don’t pay attention to just like the rest of the world.
scborromeo.org/ccc.htm
The reason I might seem harsh is frequently bigots post articles like this thinking that actions of people define what is official teaching. If you are sincere then sorry for my tone and feel free to check out the link.
God Bless
Scylla
As indicated there are ramifications to the Finaly case because of a document which has come to light which would seem to indicate Vatican policy at the time was to try and not return children whose parents had perished in the holocaust to their surviving relatives.Thank you for replying
I think it is superfluous to say how upseting the events are to me as a person of the Jewish faith.
I needed to hear that from a Catholic standpoint that the events described are not to be condoned. You have given me the answer.
It was not my purpose to be disparaging in any way. Ironically, I decided to start the thread in reaction to the article you quoted, and its inaccuracies. I often get the feeling that instead of facing past mistakes and correcting them, there is an effort by that particular internet site to obfuscate…
I have a personal connection with the issue of forced conversion. My grandmothers great great great great great greatgrandfather is an historical Jewish martyr, a village rabbi, who was given the choice of forced conversion to Christianity or death. When he refused he was burnt alive at the stake