The first Marian Apparition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelka

New member
I read that the first one was in Spain AD 40 (Our Lady of the Pillar) but it states that Mary was alive still and she bi-located.

It has been approved.

What was the first Marian apparition after Mary had died?

Thanks.
 
I think the apparition is believed to have taken place around the year of 40 AD. Now, I’ve heard two traditions regarding Mary’s age, one that she lived until she was 63 years old and the other that she died eleven years after Jesus. That sets her life span to 18 BC-45 AD, if Jesus was born in year 1 BC.

I believe this apparition took place shortly after Mary’s assumption. I don’t think it’s possible she could have made an apparition while still living her earthly life.
 
I believe this apparition took place shortly after Mary’s assumption. I don’t think it’s possible she could have made an apparition while still living her earthly life.
Why not? There’s multiple stories of St. Padre Pio bilocating and being in two places at once, with witnesses on both sides of the event. If St. Pio could do it, why not Mary?
 
Also Fr. Peter Mary Rookey was known to bi-locate at least once. I have no problem believing Mary could do so, if God willed it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top