The "First Six Thursdays" devotion?

  • Thread starter Thread starter littlestsouls2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

littlestsouls2

Guest
Has anyone heard of this devotion previously? Has anyone completed the First six Thursdays?

Here is what Our Lord said to Bl. Alexandrina da Costa, a Portugese stigmatist, regarding this devotion:

“My daughter, my dear bride, make sure that I am loved, consoled and repaired in My Eucharist. Tell in My name that I promise Heaven to all who will receive Holy Communion properly, with sincere humility, fervor and love on the first six consecutive Thursdays, and will spend one hour of adoration in front of My Tabernacle in intimate union with Me. This is to honor through the Eucharist, My Holy Wounds, honoring first the one of My Sacred shoulder, remembered so little. Those who to the memory of My Wounds shall unite the memory of the sorrows of My Blessed Mother asking, because of them, both spiritual and
corporeal graces, have My promise that the graces will be granted, unless they would be of harm to their soul. At the moment of their death I will bring with Me My Most Holy Mother to defend them.”
(Feelings of the Soul; 25/02/1949)

Source: therealpresence.org/eucharst/misc/PHP/par_bam_dacosta.pdf
Another source: alexandrinadebalasar.com/index.php?cod_lang=2&cod_menu_raiz=10&cod_menu=128&cod_menu_selec=123
 
The first 6 counting from when? I haven’t heard of this devotion before, or Bl. Alexandrina da Costa.
 
Nothing about it seems to be against the faith. However the part about promising heaven raised a red flag for me. No one is guarunteed salavation.
 
Nothing about it seems to be against the faith. However the part about promising heaven raised a red flag for me. No one is guarunteed salavation.
I suppose that it is a similar promise to one made to St. Margaret Mary, regarding the First Nine Fridays:

“To those who receive Holy Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months, I will grant the grace of final perseverance and eternal salvation.”
 
The first 6 counting from when? I haven’t heard of this devotion before, or Bl. Alexandrina da Costa.
I have to admit I haven’t heard of this devotion either but I will take time to check it out so thank you and God bless you for sharing this littlestsouls2

But, I have heard about Blessed Alexandrina Maria da Costa or Blessed Alexandrina of Balazar. She was a Portuguese mystic and victim soul.

You can learn more about Blessed Alexandrina Maria da Costa by going to the following websites:

vatican.va/news_services/liturgy/saints/ns_lit_doc_20040425_da-costa_en.html

piercedhearts.org/theology_heart/life_saints/blalexandrina.htm

mysticsofthechurch.com/2009/11/blessed-alexandrina-da-costa-mystic-and.html

I hope this helps. God bless
 
I have to admit I haven’t heard of this devotion either but I will take time to check it out so thank you and God bless you for sharing this littlestsouls2

But, I have heard about Blessed Alexandrina Maria da Costa or Blessed Alexandrina of Balazar. She was a Portuguese mystic and victim soul.

You can learn more about Blessed Alexandrina Maria da Costa by going to the following websites:

vatican.va/news_services/liturgy/saints/ns_lit_doc_20040425_da-costa_en.html

piercedhearts.org/theology_heart/life_saints/blalexandrina.htm

mysticsofthechurch.com/2009/11/blessed-alexandrina-da-costa-mystic-and.html

I hope this helps. God bless
You’re welcome! Thanks for the links 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top