The general problem discussing morality

  • Thread starter Thread starter IQ170
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it mainly because it is a core element of our Catholic Church teachings, however there is also plenty of historical evidence for Jesus Resurrection.

It is therefore natural to be skeptical if evidence shows up contrary to it.
 
I believe it mainly because it is a core element of our Catholic Church teachings, however there is also plenty of historical evidence for Jesus Resurrection.

It is therefore natural to be skeptical if evidence shows up contrary to it.
As it forms the central core of your belief system I would be absolutely astounded if you didn’t take a skeptical view.

May I ask when you became a Catholic?
 
True, but like I said there is also historical evidence for Jesus Resurrection.

I was baptized as Catholic when born.
 
True, but like I said there is also historical evidence for Jesus Resurrection.

I was baptized as Catholic when born.
Then it was part of your faith well before you could even mount an argument for or against it. And I thought you said it was a decision you made. Sounds like someone else’s to me.

I guess what you meant to say was that you chose to stick with it.
 
It is because later on you can always decide for yourself and no one is forcing me to stay, I could leave at any time.

So although somebody else made the initial decision, I decided to stay later on once I understood my faith better.
 
It is because later on you can always decide for yourself and no one is forcing me to stay, I could leave at any time.

So although somebody else made the initial decision, I decided to stay later on once I understood my faith better.
John, I don’t want to get into a discussion about why I might think your decisions regarding your faith are wrong. That would be tantamount to belittling the reasons why you believe as you do.

If we were mates in a bar poking and prodding each other to further an argument (in a friendly way) then I’d be more abrupt and more argumentative. But this is not the time or the place.

Stay true to what you believe.
 
Ok Wozza, I am not going to discuss further if you do not want to.

I also understand why some people will refuse Catholicism or even religion in general, it is certainly not easy being a good Catholic. God does not force anybody to believe in Him and I am certainly never going to do that.

God Bless
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top