The "gift" of physical attractiveness

  • Thread starter Thread starter on_the_hill
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bathsheba: that’s a toughie. If she had been more careful of her body, would she still have gotten into our LORD’s ancestry?

ICXC NIKA
Was she needed for the Lord’s ancestry… and isn’t it for the fact that she is a part of The Lord’s ancestry show that she was needed for it? !
 
This is interesting, something Ive noticed about younger people these days…MANY of them are pretty good looking, Im not saying in a creepy way, just seems like back when I was in school, there was not nearly that many attractive kids, I think it has to do with the times, in my days, our parents were the baby boomers, so we were pretty close to our ancestors, and most of us, you could fairly easily tell if that person was german, irish, italian, etc, but since people have spread out and not really marrying others with the same lineage, their kids do the same, those ‘ancestral traits/features’ are pretty much gone, so people being born today are more likely to be attractive, in the sense they dont have those identifiable features, which many times contribute to whether someone is ugly or attractive, in other words, kids are becoming more generic.

Furthermore, if you go back and look at old high school year books, like from the 30s, 40s, it is VERY easy to tell if someone is Irish, Italian, german, etc, they all had those features, that is not the case today.
 
Attractiveness is very attainable. Will you look like george clooney or a VIctoira Secret Model? No. But a little self love will go a long way in both how you and others view yourself.

But we live in an instant gratification society that is just plain lazy. Dieting, Exercising, Grooming, Hygiene (Dental/Hair/Skin), Developing a sense of style with clothes, these are all things that take A LOT of Work and Self Discipline.

We all too quickly throw our hands up when faced with the work required to be “Attractive” and say things like:
  • Well I am happy with the way I am/God Made made me
  • Looks arn’t everything
  • To put that much time into my appearance is vanity
  • I want friends/a partner who will love me for me
In reality: We show no greater self-love in doing maintenance and improving our bodies. No one is going to respect you if you don’t respect yourself.

When it comes to romance, we need love, and when we consciously choose to not love ourselves and instead seek fulfilment ENTIRELY from others, we subject ourselves to emotional instability. All we need to cure this instability is taking little steps to empower ourselves by working out or downloading a free dieting app (My Fitness Pal! Lost 70 lbs with it!).
 
This is interesting, something Ive noticed about younger people these days…MANY of them are pretty good looking, Im not saying in a creepy way, just seems like back when I was in school, there was not nearly that many attractive kids, I think it has to do with the times, in my days, our parents were the baby boomers, so we were pretty close to our ancestors, and most of us, you could fairly easily tell if that person was german, irish, italian, etc, but since people have spread out and not really marrying others with the same lineage, their kids do the same, those ‘ancestral traits/features’ are pretty much gone, so people being born today are more likely to be attractive, in the sense they dont have those identifiable features, which many times contribute to whether someone is ugly or attractive, in other words, kids are becoming more generic.
I think there are exceptions, but most of this is due to hair and makeup. Most kids want to look like the same 5 celebrities plastered all over and spend their parents money to look that way. Hence they all look the same.
 
I think there are exceptions, but most of this is due to hair and makeup. Most kids want to look like the same 5 celebrities plastered all over and spend their parents money to look that way. Hence they all look the same.
Not in my opinion, todays kids do not have the ‘unique features’ related to heritage kids in the past held, back in the 70s, you could easily look around a high school and tell who had german parents, who had italian parents, even european to a certain degree, traits like large noses, ears, etc are not nearly as common as in the past.

I think this is due to people getting further and further away from their ancestors, back in the days, italians would only marry other italians, germans would only marry germans, starting in the mid 70s people got away from this, people married people from other descents, their kids did the same thing, most people have no idea where they are from today, its a large mixture of nationalities, they have been so ‘intermingled’ over the past generations, kids are looking more ‘generic’, not having those common traits that usually led to one being ugly.

Thats a good thing actually, its what the US was meant to be, a melting pot, people dont really care where your family originated anymore, it doesnt factor in when people start dating, in fact, id say its impossible to tell if a kid today has Italian, German, etc. lineage.
 
Not in my opinion, todays kids do not have the ‘unique features’ related to heritage kids in the past held, back in the 70s, you could easily look around a high school and tell who had german parents, who had italian parents, even european to a certain degree, traits like large noses, ears, etc are not nearly as common as in the past.

I think this is due to people getting further and further away from their ancestors, back in the days, italians would only marry other italians, germans would only marry germans, starting in the mid 70s people got away from this, people married people from other descents, their kids did the same thing, most people have no idea where they are from today, its a large mixture of nationalities, they have been so ‘intermingled’ over the past generations, kids are looking more ‘generic’, not having those common traits that usually led to one being ugly.

Thats a good thing actually, its what the US was meant to be, a melting pot, people dont really care where your family originated anymore, it doesnt factor in when people start dating, in fact, id say its impossible to tell if a kid today has Italian, German, etc. lineage.
That is IMNAAHO a good thing, in fact, that is what a melting pot is supposed to imply. Constituent elements in a melting pot don’t stay the same, they combine.

Although racism is still a grevious problem in this country, I for one am glad that at least in the Euro-American orbit, we are all “human mutts.” At least the days when American cities were separated by blocks of European nationality and people were attacked for crossing from one into another, are safely in the past.

Although it will take far longer, hopefully this will one day happen with “race”, as well.

ICXC NIKA.
 
Ah, but while I do not dispute this, it is passive. This path is met by not doing things, e.g. Immoral acts. I’m just curious as to what can be actively developed.

A beautiful model can lead a ‘model’ life, I suppose.
I think there is something to be said for the attractive person who does not exploit their physical attractiveness by conforming to cultural dress that may be inappropriate, or even talking and spending time with people who are either unattractive or normatively do not associate with attractive people. The observer thinks, wow, that person could be so popular or could hang out with all the “hot” people, or make lots of money exploiting their body - but they don’t - what is it about that person that keeps them modest in spite of their beauty? And that reflection can lead someone to see Christ within that attractive person.
 
traits like large noses, ears, etc are not nearly as common as in the past
Still plenty of big-nosed human beings walking around.

They are often the winners on “Wheel of Fortune”.:):)🙂

$100,000 will make anybody more attractive!!!

ICXC NIKA.
 
…If she had been more careful of her body…
I’m not sure if you edited this after I responded, or I just didn’t catch it before, but what to you mean if she would have been more careful of her body?

I don’t agree with what you are insinuating here. Scripture is not clear if she was trying to seduce or anything… in fact, I feel fairly sure she was not and that seemed clear to me in Scripture as well. It was David in his lust that was wrong… he arranged the whole meeting up.
 
I’m not sure if you edited this after I responded, or I just didn’t catch it before, but what to you mean if she would have been more careful of her body?

I don’t agree with what you are insinuating here. Scripture is not clear if she was trying to seduce or anything… in fact, I feel fairly sure she was not and that seemed clear to me in Scripture as well. It was David in his lust that was wrong… he arranged the whole meeting up.
No, I just meant if she had been more careful to avoid being seeing nekkid from above, which after all started the sequence of events.

We don’t know whether she knew or could reasonably have avoided KD’s attention, so maybe it is a criticism not worth making.

ICXC NIKA
 
No, I just meant if she had been more careful to avoid being seeing nekkid from above, which after all started the sequence of events.

We don’t know whether she knew or could reasonably have avoided KD’s attention, so maybe it is a criticism not worth making.

ICXC NIKA
yes, I guess I can see where you are coming from. Maybe that is why I did not ‘see’ your post that way the first time I read it. Don’t know why i saw it different the second time I read your post. Sorry!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top