Ah, you had me puzzling for a moment there. I suspect you mean Uriel from the book of 2 Esdras (confusingly also known as 4 Esdras), which is not part of the canon of the bible (Catholic or Protestant), but it is often included in the “apocrypha”. You are right that they translated/included that in the Good News Bible, at least the ones with an apocrypha in them or that were the Catholic Edition. So, just to be clear, if you mean 4 Esdras, it is not part of the Old Testament or the New Testament. It was, however, quoted by the Fathers.
I didn’t mean that it was originally/fundamentally a Catholic translation, just that they had later come out with a version with an imprimatur for Catholics to read, called the Catholic Edition, or Catholic Study Edition. It is like the RSV in a way. Originally the RSV was a Protestant translation (still is), but later someone came out with a Catholic Edition, the RSV-CE. They probably did a better job on the RSV-CE, fixing it up and stuff, than they ever did on Today’s English Version (the Good News Bible), but I haven’t compared the two enough to say for sure. Many Catholics like to read the RSV-CE, especially folks here at CAF.
The reason I asked if this was a recent event or ongoing was because if it was ongoing, I’d advise you talk to a priest about it to get advice. But yours was long ago. You’re right, you’ll find out someday.
Oh, I looked up my old red Good News Bible and they didn’t have the books in position. I remembered wrong. They were sandwiched between the OT and the NT.