The Gospels as Eucharistic Exposition

  • Thread starter Thread starter Peter_John
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter_John

Guest
Jesus was born in a town called “The House of Bread.” His first bed was a feeding trough. Hid first public miracle showed that he can transform the nature of substance. Later miracles showed that he commands nature’s most poweful forces, the wind, the sea, and gravity – so nature cannot bind Him. He showed that He can multiply substance without apparent limitation. He showed that he could conceal His presence from all perception, or just so he could be seen but nor recognized. He was revealed in the breaking of the bread.

All of these are elements of His manifestation in the Eucharist. I am curious if anyone has any other examples from the Gospels that point to the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist? I am certain I could not have hit them all.
 
Jesus was born in a town called “The House of Bread.” His first bed was a feeding trough. Hid first public miracle showed that he can transform the nature of substance. Later miracles showed that he commands nature’s most poweful forces, the wind, the sea, and gravity – so nature cannot bind Him. He showed that He can multiply substance without apparent limitation. He showed that he could conceal His presence from all perception, or just so he could be seen but nor recognized. He was revealed in the breaking of the bread.

All of these are elements of His manifestation in the Eucharist. I am curious if anyone has any other examples from the Gospels that point to the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist? I am certain I could not have hit them all.
this isn’t the gospels but the entire book of revelations is kinda a introduction booklet of how to do the mass.

scott hahn does an amazing Job explaining it in this book

amazon.com/Lambs-Supper-Mass-Heaven-Earth/dp/0385496591/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298329508&sr=8-2
 
this isn’t the gospels but the entire book of revelations is kinda a introduction booklet of how to do the mass.

scott hahn does an amazing Job explaining it in this book

amazon.com/Lambs-Supper-Mass-Heaven-Earth/dp/0385496591/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298329508&sr=8-2
Great thought, not completely off topic, since unlike the epistles, Revelation is part of the unfolding revlation of Christ. I am most interested in hearing how the events in Jesus life interweave with teh elements of the Eucharist.

Inceidentally, I sleceted Padre Pio as my Patron Saint because it was reading about him I went from accepting belief in the Real Presence to appreciating and understanding belief in the Real Presence. That was when I began recogniaing the kinds of examples I listed i the initial post.

I am curious if anyone has thought of any I have not. i do not even care if it is a stretch. SCott Hahn also does a great job demonstrating how it fits in with teh Passion/last Supper narrative.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top