K
KevJohn
Guest
‘once and for all’
Would anyone who was accomplished in NT Greek be able to tell me the original linguistic style of these phrases; specifically, are they used in a context which refers to permanence (like in English we would say ‘we have seen the back of him once and for all’), or in a context which refers to a quantity of people?
Also, if possible, do the phrases say ‘once and for all’, or ‘once for all’?
Either way I know they mean the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, but I was just interested!
Many thanks, Bless the Lord!
KevJohn, Glasgow, Scotland
Would anyone who was accomplished in NT Greek be able to tell me the original linguistic style of these phrases; specifically, are they used in a context which refers to permanence (like in English we would say ‘we have seen the back of him once and for all’), or in a context which refers to a quantity of people?
Also, if possible, do the phrases say ‘once and for all’, or ‘once for all’?
Either way I know they mean the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, but I was just interested!
Many thanks, Bless the Lord!
KevJohn, Glasgow, Scotland