• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

A quick tour of the evil we face.

By: Deroy Murdock

As the war on terror continues, it is vital to pause occasionally and remind ourselves how truly horrific an enemy civilization confronts. In militant Islam, America and its allies — and even some nations that have sidestepped this conflict — face a breathtakingly evil foe. In recent weeks, this Coalition of the Wicked has reconfirmed its barbarism.

Until liberation, Fallujah was an Islamist house of horrors. U.S. soldiers discovered up to 20 blood-stained homes in which innocent hostages were detained and killed, often on videotape. Amid guns, rockets, and an unfinished car bomb, terror master Abu Musab al-Zarqawi’s headquarters included computer and audio-visual gear for disseminating al Qaeda’s hateful missives and real-life snuff films.
-Iraqi forces found a reputed toxic-weapons laboratory featuring poisonous chemicals and anthrax recipes.

-Roughly half of Fallujah’s mosques doubled as military outposts. Their minarets became sniper’s nests. American GIs found artillery shells, machine guns, and anti-tank mines at the Saad Bin Waqas Mosque on November 24. The Sunni shrine also housed a suspected mobile bomb factory inside a truck, rocket-propelled grenades, surface-to-air missile parts, and, a military spokesman told the Associated Press, “documents that detailed insurgent interrogations of recent kidnap victims.”

-Dublin-born Margaret Hassan, 59, married an Iraqi, converted to Islam, and spent 30 years bringing Iraqis medicine, clean water, and other relief. She also denounced the Iraq war. Impossible-to-please Islamic extremists kidnapped her in October. A mid-November videotape showed an unidentified terrorist fatally shooting a blindfolded captive believed to be Hassan.

-James Mollen, 48, cheerfully spent 16 months improving Iraq’s beleaguered schools and linking some to the Internet. Nonetheless, a Zarqawi-tied assassin fatally shot Mollen in the head as he drove through Baghdad November 24.

-A Sunni communiqué promised, as NBC News’s Richard Engel reported November 18, “to kill all organizers of coming elections here, and anyone who votes.” Not since the Ku Klux Klan’s glory days in the 1950s and ‘60s have hooded villains threatened lethally to disenfranchise those who aim to cast and count ballots.

http://www.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_10x16.gif When Iran’s theocrats are not enriching uranium, they destroy their own people — even teenagers. As the December 13 National Review notes, a local Islamic judge sentenced a 14-year-old boy for breaking the Ramadan fast. Last month, he endured 85 lashes, then died. Earlier this year, officials publicly hanged a 16-year-old girl for having pre-marital sex.

-An Iranian group, seemingly with government supporters, is training 20,000 volunteers for suicide operations, the AP reports. The Headquarters for Commemorating Martyrs of the Global Islamic Movement (HCMGIM) recently let 300 applicants choose among preparing for suicide attacks on U.S. soldiers in Iraq, similar assaults in Israel, or assassination attempts on Salman Rushdie, the British author of The Satanic Verses against whom the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini issued a 1989 fatwa. (Although Tehran later backed off of this death warrant, Khomeini died before rescinding it, so it technically remains in force.)

“This group spreads valuable ideas,” Iranian lawmaker Mahdi Kouchakzadeh told the AP. “Iran’s foreign policy makers have to take the dignified opinions of this group into consideration.” Kouchakzadeh, a former Revolutionary Guardsman, attended HCMGIM’s initial meeting, as did Revolutionary Guard General Hossein Salami.

http://www.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_10x16.gif British authorities on November 22 outlined an al Qaeda cell’s thwarted plans to blast the London Underground and Westminster Abbey, crash planes into London’s Heathrow Airport, and bomb three skyscrapers at Canary Wharf, including 50-story One Canada Square. Last August, British cops snagged eight terrorists including Dhiren Barot. He allegedly possessed maps of the New York Stock Exchange, Citigroup’s Manhattan headquarters, Prudential’s Newark, New Jersey base, and Washington, D.C.’s International Monetary Fund. These arrests raised America’s terrorist-alert level last summer.

http://www.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_10x16.gif German politicians have proposed requiring imams to lead services in German to prevent them from concealing extremist speech in Arabic or Turkish.

“We will have to step up measures to track down hate preachers and remove their residency rights,” Interior Minister Otto Schily told Reuters November 16. Schily also advocated padlocking radical mosques.

there’s more to the article…

Do we monitor the preaching at Mosques here in the US? I venture to say, not normally. However, if preaching at Mosques is really hate speech at certain places shouldn’t we know what is going on? I think it is critical to our safety.

40.png
Fitz:
Do we monitor the preaching at Mosques here in the US? I venture to say, not normally. However, if preaching at Mosques is really hate speech at certain places shouldn’t we know what is going on? I think it is critical to our safety.
take a look here:
frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=6699

40.png
Fitz:
I wouldn’t have a problem with it. I also think that every muslim that boards a plan should be searched, luggage and all. Is it fair…? No. Is is justified…? Absolutely. I would also like to see the U.S. serious cut back on visas for Arab students, if not eliminate them all together.

Sauron is gathering his forces in preparation for his final assault on Middle Earth. Watch the Lord of the Rings and tell me that there aren’t parallels to what is happening in the world today. Europe is the equivalent of LotR’s Rohan, and the USA is LotR’s Gondor.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
Sauron is gathering his forces in preparation for his final assault on Middle Earth. Watch the Lord of the Rings and tell me that there aren’t parallels to what is happening in the world today. Europe is the equivalent of LotR’s Rohan, and the USA is LotR’s Gondor.
Evil is evil, no matter if it is in fiction or in reality.

40.png
Peacemonger:
I also think that every muslim that boards a plan should be searched, luggage and all. Is it fair…? No. Is is justified…? Absolutely.
I totally agree.

Joseph Farah, founder of WorldNetDaily.com is an Arab American, and he commends his airline for running him through the ringer every time. He said that it may not seem fair, but he goes through more scrutiny because he is of Arab descent–and he appreciates the treatment because he would be killed just like anyone else if a terrorist gets on a plane.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
Europe is the equivalent of LotR’s Rohan, and the USA is LotR’s Gondor.
Interesting… but in LotR, Rohan was very courageous in riding to the aid of Gondor, which doesn’t sound typical of most of Europe right now. Does Europe have an equivalent of Theoden that needs to get smacked upside the head to wake up? Also, Gondor was being undermined from within by the corrupt and incompetent Steward, which will no doubt upset some and make others sneer when drawing the USA/Gondor analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back