W
White_Peony
Guest
I heard from a former Catholic that she read in the front of her Catholic Bible that it said “The Holy See could add or take away from this book.” I asked her if the that introduction had an impratur (or however you spell it) on it. She didn’t know what that was so I explained it to her. She said yes but I’m thinking if she had to ask she wouldn’t have checked so maybe it didn’t.
Can the Pope really add or take away from Sacred Scripture? It says in Revelation 22:18-19,
18 "For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 “and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”
Can the Pope really add or take away from Sacred Scripture? It says in Revelation 22:18-19,
18 "For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 “and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”