The Ignatius Study Bible in one volume!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Omyo12
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have all the paperback editions of New Testament except for: The First, Second, and Third Letters of St. John, and the Revelation to John. It is impossible to get here in UK at the moment.
 
I have all the paperback editions of New Testament except for: The First, Second, and Third Letters of St. John, and the Revelation to John. It is impossible to get here in UK at the moment.
What do you think of the Ignatius Study Bible?

I’m thinking of getting the Navarre New Testament

hmmm, why not order the last book from the US?
 
Does anyone know if they’ve started the Old Testament yet? I love the study Bible but I think I’m going to explode if I don’t get the whole thing soon…😃

Oh well, patience is a virtue, right?

Zach
 
Does anyone know if they’ve started the Old Testament yet? I love the study Bible but I think I’m going to explode if I don’t get the whole thing soon…😃

Oh well, patience is a virtue, right?

Zach
Patience is definitely good, but this project has taken way too long. Ten years to do just the New Testament is crazy!
 
Patience is definitely good, but this project has taken way too long. Ten years to do just the New Testament is crazy!
It was started ten years ago?! Wow, I didn’t know that. I can’t say much though, I’ve been working on making my own Catholic website/blog for the past year now…haha, oh well.

Zach
 
According to Scott Hahn’s site, the Old Testament volumes are currently in progress

scotthahn.com/ignatius-study-bible.html

🙂
Yeah, who knows why they are taking so long. It may just as easily be an issue with the publisher, but who knows?

One of the advantages that the Ignatius Study Bible could have capitalized on was the real lack of Catholic study Bibles on the market, outside of the standard Oxford editions. But now with the Little Rock Study bible, the Navarre New Testament, what HarperCollins is doing with the NRSV, and the upcoming revision of the NAB, they may have missed having the market all to themselves.
 
I don’t know if this has already been posted, however…

It seems we can pre-order the paperback Ignatius Catholic Study Bible in one volume for less than $20!!!

It’ll be released May 3rd 2010
Thanks for the heads up! I will look forward to getting a copy next year. I will also look forward to a full one volume RSV-2CE Study Bible one day (hopefully before the end of the world in 2012 ;))
 
My appologies if this is tangental, but, the Orthodox have published a very nice single volume Study Bible that is repleat with the commentary from the Fathers and very Christological/Christocentric in the study notes. It is billed as the Orthodox Study Bible, and readily available. Obviously there will be some minor points of divergence between the Orthodox and Rome, but the continuity is much stronger. I also have tremendous respect for the textual basis of the translation, as well as the readability of the translation(s).

As a Lutheran in the Evangelical Catholic tradition, I find this has become my most beloved Bible for meditation and reflection.

Grace and peace, to all y’all,
Rev. Brad
 
Patience is definitely good, but this project has taken way too long. Ten years to do just the New Testament is crazy!
In all fairness, I gotta say: If Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch were doing nothing but this one single project, it would still take a while to do it right. But, of course, they are not doing just this one single project. The amount of work these guys do is nothing short of incredible. I’m just glad they’re doing it. (Is anyone as prolific as Scott Hahn?)

To the OP: I’ve got several volumes of the NT but I’m looking forward to getting a copy in one volume. I’m forever needing to reference something that’s in another gospel or another epistle that I don’t have with me or that I don’t even own. Thanks for letting us know!
 
In all fairness, I gotta say: If Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch were doing nothing but this one single project, it would still take a while to do it right. But, of course, they are not doing just this one single project. The amount of work these guys do is nothing short of incredible. I’m just glad they’re doing it. (Is anyone as prolific as Scott Hahn?)

To the OP: I’ve got several volumes of the NT but I’m looking forward to getting a copy in one volume. I’m forever needing to reference something that’s in another gospel or another epistle that I don’t have with me or that I don’t even own. Thanks for letting us know!
I certainly have no problem with the speed at which the work Hahn and Mitch are doing. I wouldn’t expect them, alone, to get this done in a quick manner. However, the question is, then, why not have more people helping them? Is this a publisher issue? Should any commentary series for an entire Bible be done by only two people?
 
Is there any chance that this Bible will be available in in a digital version? I’m a quadriplegic with no use of my hands, I do though, thank God for technology, I have full use of the computer. I have excess to many different versions of the Bible available online, but, something like this, would be very awesome.
thank you!
 
I don’t know if this has already been posted, however…

It seems we can pre-order the paperback Ignatius Catholic Study Bible in one volume for less than $20!!!

It’ll be released May 3rd 2010
Thanks for posting. I don’t have the individual volumes so will look forward to this. Some sites have the date listed as NOV 2009, which would make sense to have it out in time for Christmas but who knows.
 
My appologies if this is tangental, but, the Orthodox have published a very nice single volume Study Bible that is repleat with the commentary from the Fathers and very Christological/Christocentric in the study notes. It is billed as the Orthodox Study Bible, and readily available. Obviously there will be some minor points of divergence between the Orthodox and Rome, but the continuity is much stronger. I also have tremendous respect for the textual basis of the translation, as well as the readability of the translation(s).

As a Lutheran in the Evangelical Catholic tradition, I find this has become my most beloved Bible for meditation and reflection.

Grace and peace, to all y’all,
Rev. Brad
Hi there!

Could you please enlighten me on what an Evangelical Lutheran Catholic is? Am I correct about the denominational name? How is it distinct? Is it closer to Roman Catholicism or Protestantism? Thank you and God bless!
 
This is great news! I have been looking forward to this. Does anyone know if the Ignatius Study Bible will also be published in hard cover? I think that mine would get a lot of use!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top