F
FuzzyBunny116
Guest
This is a question with which I have been grasping at unsuccessfully. I have yet to see the justice in punshing all of creation for one man and one woman’s sin. Any help on the issue would be appreciated
.
This might help:This is a question with which I have been grasping at unsuccessfully. I have yet to see the justice in punshing all of creation for one man and one woman’s sin. Any help on the issue would be appreciated.
I’ve been thinking about the Fall a lot too. I like the way the Eastern Church teaches this. That original sin is more like an inherited disease for us as descendents than a “punishment”. We find ourselves in a fallen state or condition which is subject to death, suffering, and gravitates toward evil. Because we have free will, God has used this Fall to bring about a greater good by sending His Son to redeem us and offer us a world to come that will be even greater than that original state of man.This is a question with which I have been grasping at unsuccessfully. I have yet to see the justice in punshing all of creation for one man and one woman’s sin. Any help on the issue would be appreciated.
The Western Church has since changed its way of wording it, but still the same. The Eastern definition is positive of course.I’ve been thinking about the Fall a lot too. I like the way the Eastern Church teaches this. That original sin is more like an inherited disease for us as descendents than a “punishment”. We find ourselves in a fallen state or condition which is subject to death, suffering, and gravitates toward evil. Because we have free will, God has used this Fall to bring about a greater good by sending His Son to redeem us and offer us a world to come that will be even greater than that original state of man.
Before Jesus came, man had gone so far off track that it was impossible to find his way. His death and Resurrection have made it possible for us to find our way back to God through love and obedience to Christ. By being content to remain separated from Him, we keep ourselves subject to our fallen condition and eventually subject to everlasting separation, which is hell.![]()
The Western defintion of Original Sin is not “negative” though.The Western Church has since changed its way of wording it, but still the same. The Eastern definition is positive of course.
The Western Church emphasizes a lack of Divine Life do to the sin of Adam and Eve. A western emphasis on the desperate need for Jesus’s grace and the Eastern emphasis on the hope for this grace, are complementery.