T
thesaviorlives
Guest
Paul seems to really rip the Galatians, in Galatians chapter 3, for trying to be justified by the Law.
I became very confused, because I know faith without works is dead. I’ve heard it said the Law Paul was speaking about was ONLY the Mosaic Law. And then I asked myself, well, what parts of the Mosaic Law was Paul talking about?
Circumcision is clearly part of it. Do you think the Galatians were practicing animal sacrifice as well? Now what also confused me, is it would seem that the sabbath and eating unclean meats would also be considered part of it.
But here is the problem: Elsewhere in scripture, Paul says don’t judge regaurding a sabbath, and he talks about if your brother is weak in the faith and doesn’t believe he can eat unclean meats, then leave him alone.
Now that really complicates my whole understanding of “The Law”. How could Paul speaks hypocritcally… What I mean is, Unclean Meats and Sabbaths are no big deal, but if you mention circumcision, then all the sudden you are cut off from Christ and he flips out. It doesn’t make sense. If “The Law” was speaking about circumcision, it seems Paul should be equally upset about sabbath keepers and people who refrain from unclean meats.
Can someone help me clear this mess in my head about the Law is that Paul is speaking of in Galatians 3. And could you provide any more examples then simply Circumcision and Animal sacrifice?
thanks
I became very confused, because I know faith without works is dead. I’ve heard it said the Law Paul was speaking about was ONLY the Mosaic Law. And then I asked myself, well, what parts of the Mosaic Law was Paul talking about?
Circumcision is clearly part of it. Do you think the Galatians were practicing animal sacrifice as well? Now what also confused me, is it would seem that the sabbath and eating unclean meats would also be considered part of it.
But here is the problem: Elsewhere in scripture, Paul says don’t judge regaurding a sabbath, and he talks about if your brother is weak in the faith and doesn’t believe he can eat unclean meats, then leave him alone.
Now that really complicates my whole understanding of “The Law”. How could Paul speaks hypocritcally… What I mean is, Unclean Meats and Sabbaths are no big deal, but if you mention circumcision, then all the sudden you are cut off from Christ and he flips out. It doesn’t make sense. If “The Law” was speaking about circumcision, it seems Paul should be equally upset about sabbath keepers and people who refrain from unclean meats.
Can someone help me clear this mess in my head about the Law is that Paul is speaking of in Galatians 3. And could you provide any more examples then simply Circumcision and Animal sacrifice?
thanks