I am not sure. The catechism allows for self defense, but good luck convincing someone your inability to carry a weapon infringes on your religious freedom (I am Catholic, so I am answering from the standpoint of a Catholic). My country allows me to carry firearms for self defense, but it’s not the free-for-all non-Americans (and sadly, some Americans) seem to think it is. Here, I can carry a gun outside and even into grocery stores if they allow it, so long as they can see it (my state is very permissive about open carry), but, I do not have a conceal carry permit (though it would not be impossible for me to get), so I still have limits on what I can and cannot carry. Laws also vary by jurisdiction in the states, a gun that is legal here in South Carolina, may be illegal in North Carolina or Georgia. I would imagine it would work the same way with some other things. I know more than a few women (and some men) that carry knives. My brother (who lives in a different state) has a conceal carry permit, so he carries a gun on him. I would advise you though, even if you disagree with a law in your jurisdiction, to not knowingly violate it, unless you know it is violating your freedom (like Christians not being able to read the Bible in some countries, violating that law would not be wrong)