C
cazayoux
Guest
Hello !!
Something occurred to me while attending the first advent mass this year.
I’ve recently been reading up on the Eucharist and why we Catholics believe that it IS and not just a symbol.
At the last supper, He says “This IS my body”.
In John 6 His words are hard for non-Catholics to dispute where He says that His body truly is food and that we must eat His flesh or we have no life in us.
As Catholics we have the opportunity to consume Him in the manner that He prescribed on a DAILY basis (as often as we gather).
As I sat in mass, thinking about the nativity, it occurs to me in this context that Jesus, when born, was first placed in a manger … AN EATING VESSEL.
In fact, the etymology of the word includes the French word which means ‘to eat’.
For me, this was a WOW moment!!
From His first moments, he seems to be prefiguring how we should all know Him through the Eucharist.
Just thought I’d share.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
michel
Something occurred to me while attending the first advent mass this year.
I’ve recently been reading up on the Eucharist and why we Catholics believe that it IS and not just a symbol.
At the last supper, He says “This IS my body”.
In John 6 His words are hard for non-Catholics to dispute where He says that His body truly is food and that we must eat His flesh or we have no life in us.
As Catholics we have the opportunity to consume Him in the manner that He prescribed on a DAILY basis (as often as we gather).
As I sat in mass, thinking about the nativity, it occurs to me in this context that Jesus, when born, was first placed in a manger … AN EATING VESSEL.
In fact, the etymology of the word includes the French word which means ‘to eat’.
For me, this was a WOW moment!!
From His first moments, he seems to be prefiguring how we should all know Him through the Eucharist.
Just thought I’d share.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
michel