The "ME" Syndrome

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

When Carol Jewell donated a kidney to save her dying husband, the operation was such a success that he felt like a new man. Unfortunately for her, he also felt like a new woman.

When he recovered from his ordeal he left his wife of more than 30 years and ran off with a lover.

Four years ago, John Jewell, 53, was on the verge of death with kidney failure and was told that without a transplant he could die.

Dutifully Mrs Jewell, who is the mayor of Woodley, a small town on the edge of Reading, Berks, risked her own life and agreed to the operation.

It was a natural decision for a faithful wife of 33 years, who for more than a quarter of a century had worked alongside her husband at the University of Reading and on the town council where they both served as Liberal Democrat councillors. They also had two grown up children.

But after Mr Jewell recovered from the operation he met Marilyn Edmeades, a Conservative candidate on neighbouring Bracknell council, and began an affair.

Even when his wife discovered that she had breast cancer, it made no difference and the senior technician left to start a new life in Sherborne, Dorset. He also resigned from his post on the council.

news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/03/18/nkidney18.xml

By the end of this night I will be yelling at the computer!Of all the low down scoundrel things to dohttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/pi_supermad.gif

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
By the end of this night I will be yelling at the computer!Of all the low down scoundrel things to dohttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/pi_supermad.gif
I could not believe this story - just when you think you’ve hit the bottom of this selfish, self centered world, a new bottom appears.

Where is Dante when you need him? He would have had a circle for this man I’m sure.

I know it’s certainly not Christ-like, but I gotta tell ya I’d be mighty tempted to take my kidney back! :rolleyes:

Rob's Wife:
I know it’s certainly not Christ-like, but I gotta tell ya I’d be mighty tempted to take my kidney back! :rolleyes:
Agreed, and then proceed to beat him with it:mad:

sheesh. “for better and for worse” indeed.

what a spot to be in! without husband and kidney!

Rob's Wife:
My first thought! 😃 Actually though he sounds like the straw man on the way to Oz – he needs a brain.

40.png
HagiaSophia:
My first thought! 😃 Actually though he sounds like the straw man on the way to Oz – he needs a brain.
Na, he needs a HEART. We’ve got the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion as well.

Lisa N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back