D
DeFide
Guest
BIG RED DISCLAIMER: This thread is only discussing the nature of Sacred Scritpure, not its quality.
A Protestant became very disturbed when I plainly stated that Sacred Scripture is an inanimate object.
Inanimate:
Not having the qualities associated with active, living organisms.
Completely lacking sensation or consciousness.
Scripture clearly does not move on its own, so does Scripture have some hidden life in the way of rational thought and consciousness? Precisely what life form could it be? It’s clearly not human or mere animal. I don’t think anyone would claim that it is an angel.
What’s left? Is it God? This might be a tempting answer at first for some, but a moment’s reflection will reveal that this is not a satisfactory answer for any Protestant I know, because if the Sacred Scripture is God, in justice, you’d have to bow down and worship it.
A Protestant became very disturbed when I plainly stated that Sacred Scripture is an inanimate object.
Inanimate:
Not having the qualities associated with active, living organisms.
Completely lacking sensation or consciousness.
Scripture clearly does not move on its own, so does Scripture have some hidden life in the way of rational thought and consciousness? Precisely what life form could it be? It’s clearly not human or mere animal. I don’t think anyone would claim that it is an angel.
What’s left? Is it God? This might be a tempting answer at first for some, but a moment’s reflection will reveal that this is not a satisfactory answer for any Protestant I know, because if the Sacred Scripture is God, in justice, you’d have to bow down and worship it.