J
janessa1850
Guest
I have just been to my first experience at a Tridentine Mass. Having only known the Novus Ordo (I converted to RC in 1988), I wondered about the old mass and heard so many who said they missed it, how beautiful it was, etc. Let me just say it was such a powerful experience. I developed the belief over the years that the Tridentine Mass was a perfect backdrop for inner meditation. (This idea came from an old prayer book.) We are actually supposed to be deeply meditating during the chanting and the prayers and the inaudable parts. (Unless you are occupied doing so, the Latin Mass can be totally boring to people.) The Tridentine Mass caused me to become very meditative. I was very inwardly busy instead of outwardly busy, as one is at the Novus Ordo. But the Latin Mass was more meaningful because I was in meditation. At the new mass there are so many distractions. Also the beautiful language (English) was so inspiring. Why would anyone want to remove such beautiful wordings from the liturgy??? I also believe that the Church should absolutely keep the Latin language as a unifying force, and that all Catholics be taught some Latin.