The opening of the Olympics

  • Thread starter Thread starter redrosetea
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tremendously enjoyed the drummers. I didn’t think of war drums at all. They explained, if you listened, that the drums were replicas of a drum discovered in a Chinese tomb about 5 years ago that has proven to be one of the oldest musical instruments in the world. So, I think they were trying to demonstrate how their culture created the foundations of early music, and that rhythm, like music, brings people together as a common language. Until the Renaissance, China was one of the greatest civilizations on earth, and I simply think they wanted people to remember that.

Now, the children handing off the Chinese flag to the soldiers, as the “protectors of the state and society”… THAT was a bit creepy.

.
I agree. I thought the drummers were fantastic but I also love group taiko drumming, very common at Japanese festivals. The fireworks were wonderful too but that was to be expected.
Gearoidin
 
and here in California, we love our beach volleyball girls!!!
Why do the women have to wear such skimpy bikinis? I watched some of the men’s event yesterday. They were dressed in baggy shorts and shirts. What’s up with the girls outfits? They seem ridiculous and uncomfortable, if you ask me.:confused:
 
Why do the women have to wear such skimpy bikinis? I watched some of the men’s event yesterday. They were dressed in baggy shorts and shirts. What’s up with the girls outfits? They seem ridiculous and uncomfortable, if you ask me.:confused:
I could say the same about men’s diving… :eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top