Horror writer Stephen King once wrote that “I can write in cold blood (forced writing) if I have to. But it’s not any fun. The stories don’t shine. It is only when I am enjoying the story for the sake of the story that the writing of it truly takes off. If it is done because someone is forcing you to do it, say, for a deadline, it’s no fun at all. That is death for any writer, and, I would say, for any creative person. No joy in the process. But if no one is forcing you to do it, then it’s not work anymore. It’s fun. And if something is fun, you can do it forever.”
This is exactly how I approach ALL my creativity, not just my writing. If it is fun, I can do it forever. And the idea of creating something while having some kind of “obligation” hanging over my head to turn it over to others, or else face damnation in Hell, – is absolutely disgusting. It is not official Church teaching. If I have to worry about Hell, I just won’t invent anything. Problem solved. I’ll shut right down. Why bother taking the risk. You can see why the Church does not officially teach this position in any way, shape or form.