The Paranymphos!

  • Thread starter Thread starter twinc
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
here again presumptions and imaginations run riot viz "John would think thus and so and so would Mary and what we would or might think is not the point.It is what the Jews would have thought that matters - Paranymphos signifies a guardian,protector etc in the main an elder for a younger and not the other way around,like a rich,reliable Uncle every family hopes they could have to rely on in their hour of need - twinc
Ah! May I ask where you got this definition? It seems to me that a paranymphos would only be present for a short period of time during the betrothal. I have yet to find that a paranymphos would be a lasting relationship like a Godfather or Godmother we have today. It may be my lack of resources that is puzzling me, or maybe I need to seek an authority. The Bishop will be in my parish tomorrow and I’ll ask him if he has time to meet with me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top