The Passion Recut

• Thread starter Thread starter mpm505
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpm505

I understand the “The Passion Recut,” a less violent adaptation of Mel Gibson’s film “The Passion of the Christ” by Mel Gibson. Since the new version is unrated, I am wondering if anyone know what would be an age-appropriate audience. The original version was beautiful but way,way to graphically violent for my elementary school age grandchildren. Any thoughts?

40.png
mpm505:
I understand the “The Passion Recut,” a less violent adaptation of Mel Gibson’s film “The Passion of the Christ” by Mel Gibson. Since the new version is unrated, I am wondering if anyone know what would be an age-appropriate audience. The original version was beautiful but way,way to graphically violent for my elementary school age grandchildren. Any thoughts?
I heard an interview with Mel Gibson on Catholic radio just yesterday. He said that some of the scourging and crucifixion scenes were removed. Other scenes such as the crowning of thorns was presented from a distance instead of close up. The recut version is about 5-10 minutes shorter than the original.

Our 6 & 10 year old may still have a difficult time watching the aftermath of the scourging. Jesus’ body was so disfigured. I guess you might want to assess whether or not your children would be able to handle that visual aspect of the movie.

I can’t wait 'til our children are old enough to watch the film. At least now I might be able to show them the uncut version perhaps at 12 or 13 and then the original version at a later age.

Yeah for Mel Gibson who has made the movie available to a larger audience.

I read that it still would have received an R rating for the amount of violence in it. But the scenes were toned down.

Perhaps more for younger teens??

but I suggest seeing it first then deciding who it may be appropriate for in your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back