The "Perfect" Crucifix Recommendation

  • Thread starter Thread starter rf9661
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rf9661

Guest
Hello all!

I’ve been struggling for some time now to find a Crucifix for my bedroom and was wondering if any of you could recommend me something that I might like.

I’m looking for a wall Crucifix of a reasonable size… maybe something longer than 12" but less than 24". Here are some things that I really like/would like in a Crucifix:
  • The IHS letters (Iesus Homnium Salvator/Jesus, Savior of Man) [not at all necessary, I just really like it]
  • The Crucified Christ; I would prefer not to say this, but don’t know of another way to say it: a truly dead Christ. A Christ whose suffering and agony are depicted like in the Cimabue Crucifix. [this is a must]
  • I like more “elaborate” looking Crucifixes, for example, I love the San Damiano Crucifix (I have it as a necklace) and would like something like this, but not the San Damiano Crucifix.
Any ideas or recommendations?

I have an enormous devotion to our Lord’s Passion and am currently discerning a vocation to the Society of Jesus if that helps in any way.

Thanks for all your (name removed by moderator)ut!

EDIT: I saw this this week at the Passionist Monastery and I think it’s perfect for me although I can’t find it online… it seems to be the Cimabue, but it doesn’t have any faces on the edges of the Cross… any ideas what this version might be called or where I can find it? (Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Something like the above would be perfect if anyone can find it online…
 
Last edited:
There are so many lovely Crucifix designs available.

I have ordered items from The Vatican Gift Shop in the past and have been very happy with everything that I’ve received.

Items arrive (to the US) from Italy remarkably quickly, well packed and with certificates of blessings from Pope Francis - (it is an option to have items blessed after purchase on the order form).

Not sure what your budget is, but the link above filters to their wood & metal crucifix pages. The ones that I zoomed in on all had INRI, not IHS, but I didn’t examine all. Even if you don’t wish to splurge from one there, it might help you to look at what’s available to better narrow into an overall design that speaks to you.

I hope this helps some.
 
Thank you very much for your response! I did not even know that this site existed. I will look into it! I posted a picture of what it is that I’m truly looking for as it resonated with me so much while I was at the Monastery.
@KBS
 
Last edited:
The EWTN shop has some nice crucifixes. I’m partial to antique or vintage religious items so I shop on eBay.
 
I get lost for hours looking at things like that on eBay! 😊
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top