C
CutlerB
Guest
OK, I’m once again confused. In fact, I feel as though everything I once knew about the Faith is slipping away.
I found the attached image on an atheist’s Instagram, along with plenty other ridiculous ones, but this one really has me thinking. I have a feeling there’s a misunderstanding or faulty logic, but I couldn’t point it out.
Take a look at the image. The conclusion he draws is “Prayer serves no purpose”. He arrives there by presenting a dichotomy between Yes and No based on the question “When you pray for something, is this something in God’s plan?”. If one answers yes, the argument goes, “prayer is redundant”. If one says no, “prayer is futile”.
Thus, I struggle to understand the relationship between Divine Providence and prayer.
Thanks for your help.
I found the attached image on an atheist’s Instagram, along with plenty other ridiculous ones, but this one really has me thinking. I have a feeling there’s a misunderstanding or faulty logic, but I couldn’t point it out.
Take a look at the image. The conclusion he draws is “Prayer serves no purpose”. He arrives there by presenting a dichotomy between Yes and No based on the question “When you pray for something, is this something in God’s plan?”. If one answers yes, the argument goes, “prayer is redundant”. If one says no, “prayer is futile”.
Thus, I struggle to understand the relationship between Divine Providence and prayer.
Thanks for your help.