D
Denise_Shae
Guest
In helping my daughter with her history assignment, I happened to stumble on this site:
Slavery and Christianity, which makes the following claims (as well as others):
This is the first time I’ve ever heard of such claims against the Church.
I’m still trying to figure out whether this site is Anti-Catholic or Anti-Christianity, in general.
Or even if the author actually believes what he/she has written.
Anyone know where these ideas came from (or why)?
Thanks and God Bless!
Slavery and Christianity, which makes the following claims (as well as others):
After the Dark Middle Ages during which Roman Catholicism could not get grip on the masses it took the doctrine ‘rationalism’ (invented by Descartes) as way of thinking. Peculiarly after blessing by the ‘fundamentalist’ protestant Immanuel Kant use of rational logic did the trick, now a period of industrialism started AND Roman Catholicism was accepted as leading religion.
I always thought the Church didn’t approve of Descartes and his “rationalism”.Anyway, the split between church and politics or mind-body split is a Roman Catholic myth. And this way of thinking later allowed European powers to export slavery all over the world, under the guidance of the pope. It caused slavery Roman style in the America’s, and through the English and Dutch invaders in South Africa (Apartheid). But in the end the Roman Catholic doctrine became clever, and hided slavery by using difficult rational terms.
This is the first time I’ve ever heard of such claims against the Church.
I’m still trying to figure out whether this site is Anti-Catholic or Anti-Christianity, in general.
Or even if the author actually believes what he/she has written.
Anyone know where these ideas came from (or why)?
Thanks and God Bless!