M
mountainman99
Guest
At our clergy appreciation dinner a week ago, my wife and I found it odd that there was no mention of one of our favorite priests, the one who performed our marriage. We thought, well maybe it’s because he couldn’t make it, but that was until they thanked all the absent clergy, except for him. We’d seen him at Sunday or weekday Mass within a few weeks prior to the appreciation event, and we thought it was very strange that the clergy appreciation event was completely void of his name and likeness. That clued us in that something was up and got us asking questions. As of yesterday his name was removed from the bulletin as parochial vicar, and I also found no mention of the two pilgrimages he was in charge of leading to Italy and Greece. We’re pretty sure he’s gone, and we’ve heard from others now that he is, but there has been no announcement at all. Do you think that’s normal? It’s not like he was ordered somewhere else, thrown a reception, and moved on, but suddenly, he just was gone, and we had no chance to say goodbye. I’m hoping I can write him a letter to the current parish, and maybe it will get forwarded. The way in which he was quickly pulled out of our parish, makes me wonder if he did something he shouldn’t have. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?