The Protoevangelium of James

  • Thread starter Thread starter LoyalViews
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LoyalViews

Guest
Maybe this question has come up time and time before, but I’m just too lazy to look for it:p

I know that the Protoevangelium of James, or to put it short, the Gospel of James is not Sacred Scripture. I don’t know how to phrase what I’m asking, really, but maybe you’ll understand. What I am trying to ask is, is it recommended reading? Is it accurate? Can it be used for devotional reading to Our Lady?

Thank you, and God Bless :signofcross::byzsoc:
 
One of the 12 Great Feasts of the Byzantine Rite is based on tradition found in the Protoevangelium. Even the icons of the Nativity of Christ is based on the tradition found in the Protoevangelium. Its worth the devotional reading for sure.
 
One of the 12 Great Feasts of the Byzantine Rite is based on tradition found in the Protoevangelium. Even the icons of the Nativity of Christ is based on the tradition found in the Protoevangelium. Its worth the devotional reading for sure.
This makes me so happy 😃 I think the Protoevangelium is a beautiful account of the nativity and of the life of the Blessed Mother! Being it not scripture, what would it be considered? “Extracanon”?
 
This makes me so happy 😃 I think the Protoevangelium is a beautiful account of the nativity and of the life of the Blessed Mother! Being it not scripture, what would it be considered? “Extracanon”?
Yes. Not everything that we observe and believe are in scripture. That is why we have tradition. In fact, many things that we believe in many traditions that are extra scriptural can be found in many of these writings that were never included in the canon.
 
Yes. Not everything that we observe and believe are in scripture. That is why we have tradition. In fact, many things that we believe in many traditions that are extra scriptural can be found in many of these writings that were never included in the canon.
Oh I know that 🙂 It just think it’s great the the Protoevanglium can be used so, it is very beautiful!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top