A
ahs
Guest
This thread’s purpose is to compile information for apologetics, which is why it is here instead of the non-Catholic section. But, Moderators, you won’t hurt my feelings if you feel it is better over there. 
I not rarely have an opportunity to share with a fundamentalist-type Christian what the “pillars of the reformation” ACTUALLY believed when discussing particularly “Catholic” doctrines. Sadly, I also not rarely lack proper citations so the message doesn’t come off as credible as it could.
Here are some teachings/beliefs from some of those that broke away from the Church in the 16th century on a couple topics. I not only welcome, but IMPLORE others to share likewise those non-Catholic beliefs from Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, etc… that are very much like Catholic beliefs. I hope to gather enough to make an article about this.
I not rarely have an opportunity to share with a fundamentalist-type Christian what the “pillars of the reformation” ACTUALLY believed when discussing particularly “Catholic” doctrines. Sadly, I also not rarely lack proper citations so the message doesn’t come off as credible as it could.
Here are some teachings/beliefs from some of those that broke away from the Church in the 16th century on a couple topics. I not only welcome, but IMPLORE others to share likewise those non-Catholic beliefs from Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, etc… that are very much like Catholic beliefs. I hope to gather enough to make an article about this.