S
Semper_Fi_1
Guest
Does anyone know where I can find an HTML format of this apologetic work against the Lutherans in English?
Thanks!
Thanks!
Are you saying there is a professionally done Catholic apologetics work against the Augsburg?Does anyone know where I can find an HTML format of this apologetic work against the Lutherans in English?
Thanks!
Yes.Are you saying there is a professionally done Catholic apologetics work against the Augsburg?
If anyone finds an online version I would love to read it.
I’m not interested in reading the Lutheran response till I read the Confutation itself. Does anyone know where I can find a copy?[sign]FYI:[/sign]
You can find the Augsburg Confession itself here.
And here is the Lutheran response to the Confutation.
I always wondered, why did it take Rome 43 years to publish its response to the Augsburg Confession in writing? That’s a decade after Trent concluded. Originally it was just read to the Lutheran delegation and they weren’t provided a written copy, but the Lutherans responded anyway with an Apology from what they heard.
As far as I know, there was never a response to the Apology of the Augsburg Confession until Trent itself, when “anathemas” then proceeded to get flung in our general direction.
Although it doesn’t make sense to read the Lutheran response (Apology) until you read the Confutation, it certainly won’t make sense to read the Confutation before the actual Augsburg Confession.I’m not interested in reading the Lutheran response till I read the Confutation itself. Does anyone know where I can find a copy?
Yes, if you read the introduction in the link i states that the confutation was eventually published by Rome in Latin in 1573.So does the actual document exist, or just a witness’ transcript?
bookofconcord.org/confutatio.phpI’m not interested in reading the Lutheran response till I read the Confutation itself. Does anyone know where I can find a copy?