The Roman Confutation (against the Augsburg Confession)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Semper_Fi_1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Semper_Fi_1

Guest
Does anyone know where I can find an HTML format of this apologetic work against the Lutherans in English?

Thanks!
 
Does anyone know where I can find an HTML format of this apologetic work against the Lutherans in English?

Thanks!
Are you saying there is a professionally done Catholic apologetics work against the Augsburg?

If anyone finds an online version I would love to read it.
 
[sign]FYI:[/sign]

You can find the Augsburg Confession itself here.

And here is the Lutheran response to the Confutation.

I always wondered, why did it take Rome 43 years to publish its response to the Augsburg Confession in writing? That’s a decade after Trent concluded. Originally it was just read to the Lutheran delegation and they weren’t provided a written copy, but the Lutherans responded anyway with an Apology from what they heard.

As far as I know, there was never a response to the Apology of the Augsburg Confession until Trent itself, when “anathemas” then proceeded to get flung in our general direction.
 
[sign]FYI:[/sign]

You can find the Augsburg Confession itself here.

And here is the Lutheran response to the Confutation.

I always wondered, why did it take Rome 43 years to publish its response to the Augsburg Confession in writing? That’s a decade after Trent concluded. Originally it was just read to the Lutheran delegation and they weren’t provided a written copy, but the Lutherans responded anyway with an Apology from what they heard.

As far as I know, there was never a response to the Apology of the Augsburg Confession until Trent itself, when “anathemas” then proceeded to get flung in our general direction.
I’m not interested in reading the Lutheran response till I read the Confutation itself. Does anyone know where I can find a copy?
 
Hi!

I am interested in reading the confutation to the Augsburg Cofession of 1530. Is it available on this site?

Hank
 
I accept with information: That’s a decade after Trent concluded. Originally it was just read to the Lutheran delegation and they weren’t provided a written copy, but the Lutherans responded anyway with an Apology from what they heard.
 
I’m not interested in reading the Lutheran response till I read the Confutation itself. Does anyone know where I can find a copy?
Although it doesn’t make sense to read the Lutheran response (Apology) until you read the Confutation, it certainly won’t make sense to read the Confutation before the actual Augsburg Confession.

The only copy that I’ve managed to find is here: bookofconcord.org/confutatio.php
It’s undoubtedly the transcribed version a Lutheran made at the Council, since the Catholics refused to give a copy to the Lutherans unless they submitted to three requirements: (1) That they do not reply in writing; (2) They not print anything about it, or do anything to publicize it, a demand made specifically by the Roman theologians; (3) That they join with the Emperor and the Roman Catholic estates and concur with the Confutation, in every point.

Does it not seem quite inconsistent with Christian love to inform a brother that he is wrong (perhaps even in danger of the fires of hell), yet not how to correct his error? And along with what was mentioned earlier, why did they take 43 years to officially respond if there were souls that needed saving then?
 
So does the actual document exist, or just a witness’ transcript?
 
So does the actual document exist, or just a witness’ transcript?
Yes, if you read the introduction in the link i states that the confutation was eventually published by Rome in Latin in 1573.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top