The Rosary in Spanish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeenageConvert
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TeenageConvert

Guest
Sorry if this is the wrong category, I didn’t know where else to put it. But I’ve been going to Spanish Mass for the past few months, and recently they’ve started to say a Rosary as a group before Mass, and I know all of the basic prayers in Spanish, the hail Mary, our father, glory be, etc. But I noticed that when they pray the Rosary, they substitute the first part of the Hail Mary with some other prayer that I’m unfamiliar with, the second half is the same though(The “Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us” and so forth). Does anyone here with any Latin or Mexican background know these prayers? I can’t seem to find anything by searching for the Rosary in Spanish other than the typical prayers in Spanish
 
If you could tell us what the unfamiliar prayer says we might be able to help you identify it. My husband is from Mexico and every time we have prayed the rosary either in the US or in Mexico it has been with the same prayers.
 
If you could tell us what the unfamiliar prayer says we might be able to help you identify it. My husband is from Mexico and every time we have prayed the rosary either in the US or in Mexico it has been with the same prayers.
They were only said on the Hail Mary’s, they would start out with something I’d never heard, and then we would respond with the ending to the Hail Mary “Santa María madre de Dios…la hora de nuestra muerte”. And then for one of the decades they used the regular Hail Mary but they switched the parts like the group of us recited the first part and a single person recited the second. I don’t know, it seemed really odd to me. I’ll ask someone what’s up with it tomorrow morning when I go 🤷
 
If you could tell us what the unfamiliar prayer says we might be able to help you identify it. My husband is from Mexico and every time we have prayed the rosary either in the US or in Mexico it has been with the same prayers.
Hi, bitterhope. I have a similar problem as TeenageConvert’s, but when the Hail Mary is said, there is something about “senora” right after Santa Maria, madre de Dios, that they are saying. I only know Santa Maria, madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros pecadoras ahora y en la hora de nuestra muerte. Maybe you can help me understand the “senora” part.
Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top