B
bethanysamuel
Guest
[BIBLEDRB][/BIBLEDRB]Hello,
I used to make sure I had done all my housework before Sunday and do none on Sundays, quite strictly. However, in the last 6 months, due to severe back pain, I haven’t been able to do much at all, often leaving things undone by Sunday. I have found this the most upsetting part of my disability because it feels like my spiritual routine has been wrecked.
I used to love having a beautifully clean house on Sundays so that I could relax and focus on God, but more importantly, because I knew that it would be a violation of the 3rd Commandment to do unnecessary work. There have been a few Sundays in the last month or so, when I have done a small amount of housework, as I can only do little bits at a time. I have said “Sorry God, but I hope you can understand that because of my pain, I can’t get everything done by today”, and just done a little bit.
Now it’s Sunday and I haven’t cleaned any part of the house. If I clean up, I’ll feel guilty. If I don’t, the house won’t feel as holy, as I like a clean beautiful place for prayer, playing hymns, cooking a roast dinner and relaxing.
My question is: what is the right thing to do? I have even considered writing to my Bishop and asking for an exemption from the Commandment until I recover. What do you think? I’m really upset and I’m in pain now as I write.
Thank you
I used to make sure I had done all my housework before Sunday and do none on Sundays, quite strictly. However, in the last 6 months, due to severe back pain, I haven’t been able to do much at all, often leaving things undone by Sunday. I have found this the most upsetting part of my disability because it feels like my spiritual routine has been wrecked.
I used to love having a beautifully clean house on Sundays so that I could relax and focus on God, but more importantly, because I knew that it would be a violation of the 3rd Commandment to do unnecessary work. There have been a few Sundays in the last month or so, when I have done a small amount of housework, as I can only do little bits at a time. I have said “Sorry God, but I hope you can understand that because of my pain, I can’t get everything done by today”, and just done a little bit.
Now it’s Sunday and I haven’t cleaned any part of the house. If I clean up, I’ll feel guilty. If I don’t, the house won’t feel as holy, as I like a clean beautiful place for prayer, playing hymns, cooking a roast dinner and relaxing.
My question is: what is the right thing to do? I have even considered writing to my Bishop and asking for an exemption from the Commandment until I recover. What do you think? I’m really upset and I’m in pain now as I write.
Thank you